"36 Dodge accent stripe color question

jpage

Does anyone have any idea what the 'Whirlpool Green' stripe color for the '36 Dodge looked like? It was used on the Avon Green Poly painted wheels. Any help will be appreciated. I've never seen any color charts for stripe colors.

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of a meadow green. Getting the wheels striped on Monday so I'm trying to figure out what color goes best. The paint is much like your color but with the 2 tone scheme of Avon Green rims and starburst and silver spokes. What a pain to paint! Thanks Steve

• Like 1

The body shop did all the taping for the starburst and a pinstriper came in and did the rings. Lastly they clear coated the whole wheel. A lot of labor alright but it really sets off the car. ‘36 was the last year for artful wheels. Big hubcaps were near on the horizon.

Edited by Steve9 (see edit history)

Here's a pic of one of my finished wheels. The rim stripe should have been down a little more, but still a nice job. All hand striped, took all of 2 hrs. for 5 wheels. Had to finally guess on a color.striped.thumb.JPG.146fd837b4ad31da227b1d1b9a6f3aad.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I painted the wheels myself but had a professional pin striper do the stripes.I made templates from pieces of styrene plastic to keep all the scallops symmetrical and to keep the parting line on the rims even! Painting around and between the spokes was the most difficult job.Masking was a most tedious job too. I had one wheel that had some of the silver come off with the tape, but fortunately, it was the wheel I'm using for the spare. I would not want to do another 2 tone scheme on this style of wheel!