Joe West

More cars from where my 1936 Chrysler Airstream convertible came from

On 6/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, JamesR said:

Thanks for posting. Amazing collection.

Having said that, what would you say is the number one old-car-storage lesson to be learned from all of this? I'm asking sincerely and without judgement. I've owned "old" cars and motorcycles between 15 -20 years now and I don't want the three old vehicles I currently have to deteriorate like some in this collection have.

If one cannot take care of all of them, one has too many.  I believe this happens to many as age progresses.

Ben

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Would it be appropriate for me to post pictures of Hermann  Goring’s 540k Mercedes?  The gentleman who owns all of these cars also owns Herman Goering’s 1941 540k Mercedes.  I understand that anything associated with Hitler may be sensitive and I do not want to offend anyone, but I suspect that there are some people who might be interested in Goering’s Mercedes.  It is not restored and it has been partially disassembled.

Thoughts on whether or not I should post images?

Edited by Joe West (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe West said:

I understand that anything associated with Hitler may be sensitive and I do not want to offend anyone

One cannot change what has already happened, Its history and albeit some is darker than another.

Along that vein, I don't see any logic to what is going on in the south.

Its like I will say occasionally..  "You cant unsee anything"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sent you a pm

2 hours ago, George Albright said:

I’m still interested in purchasing the Davis. George Albright Florida. Gnalbright@gmail.com 

What is the second air cleaner in the Corvair ? Other than that it seems to be a rusty (parked near the ocean ?) 4-door, powerglide. Might be best donated to a 501C3.

My lesson is to be able to easily drive any car at any time. Otherwise you have coffee tables.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

On 8/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, Joe West said:

Would it be appropriate for me to post pictures of Herman Goering’s 540k Mercedes?  The gentleman who owns all of these cars also owns Herman Goering’s 1941 540k Mercedes.  I understand that anything associated with Hitler may be sensitive and I do not want to offend anyone, but I suspect that there are some people who might be interested in Goering’s Mercedes.  It is not restored and it has been partially disassembled.

Thoughts on whether or not I should post images?

Please post the pictures.  I'm sure there are many like me who would like to see them.  Like it or not, it is a part of history that should never be forgotten.

Car doesn't really care who drives or rides it. Only may make a difference for resale.

All,

Here is a link to a pdf file with almost 1,000 images of the Goring Mercedes.  It is easier to share these images this way rather than post them here.

https://bravemailuncp-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/west_uncp_edu/EfDDRpHTmVxEgFNbjf7XimIBECLmlrkMGpCLseAos2pAHQ

Enjoy.

Joe

Edited by Joe West (see edit history)

I have owned Corvairs all of my life... literally.  The value of this corvair in my opinion is a very nice factory original interior, and low mileage engine and transmission. I would absolutely not undertake a restoration... rust scares the bejeezus out of me.

Corvairs came with one (turbo), two (standard), or four (140hp) carburetors.  I assume you are wondering about the fact that it has air cleaners on both heads, one per side?

On 8/1/2020 at 3:50 PM, padgett said:

What is the second air cleaner in the Corvair ? Other than that it seems to be a rusty (parked near the ocean ?) 4-door, powerglide. Might be best donated to a 501C3.

My lesson is to be able to easily drive any car at any time. Otherwise you have coffee tables.