May/June RIView

dkbuick75

Was wondering who else has not yet received their May/June copy of the RIView ??   Went to the local post office today to inquire and was nonchalontly told "we deliver the mail when we receive it."   Was then told it was probably due to the Covid Virus because some stations are closed due to people calling in sick.    Was my issue put in quarantine ??  lol.   I have already been in contact with Ray and he told me the issue was mailed from the printer on April 23rd.   Find it hard to believe it takes over a month to get mail delivered unless they're still using the "Pony Express". And I believe even they were faster.  This has been happening more frequently than I like with delivery of the RIView and BCA Bugle. Just curious who else is still waiting.

Miracles still happen !!  Happy to report that I finally received my Issue of the RIView in today's mail !   Have got to love the U.S. Pony Express mail system and its carriers.   Only took 5 1/2 weeks to get mail delivered to the Midwest.

I think they need to get either new fresh or more horses to do the job, as mine obviously tired out on the journey !  I My faith and sarcasm stems from the fact that during this time they also failed to get my medicare supplement check delivered

on time, and it has now cost me an add'l $35 to issue a stop payment on that check, because the new bill arrived wanting this month and last month payment. 

On 5/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, 68RIVGS said:

I think Canada Post is probably just about as bad, or as good as the USPS.

Com'n, don't sell em short, Canada Post is just as good as the United States Postal Storage...

I suspect my copy is safely stored in some postal outlet somewhere between there and here being admired by all the new Unemployment Cheques likely also being stored waiting to meet their desperate owners who are probably only slightly more wanting of their mail than me, all the while the postal services ramps up the delivery of flyers and pamphlets used to help ensure our recycling blue bag is full every week...

In other words, haven't seen my copy yet either...

• Like 1

It is interesting to read about the fall of the postal system which I found pretty good when a lived for a year in Austin, Texas in 1993. I am so glad that the Australian post is still pretty good compared to, as an example, the Swedish post, that went sharp down hill after being privatized.
What I do find strange is that checks are still used so much in the USA. When I lived in Sweden I got paid by electronic transfer already in the 70’s, I choose the same when I contracted for IBM in 1993 in the USA but I worked with people that wanted to have the check in the hand.

Government payments such as unemployment benefits and the special COVID-19 payments are normally through electronic transfer down under. Very few checks are used today in normal transfers in Australia.

Anyhow, not really Riviera related, please remove if not allowed.

Still looking forward to receive the Riview which normally should be here ~6 weeks after most of you have received it. 

Mine must be being read by every Postie in Australia and then passed from Post Office to Post Office since January. Must be a good read, hope I see it one day.

cant log in to the ROA members section as I don’t have the codes!

Ah the virus, gets the blame for everything!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:56 AM, dr914 said:

I have my march april and my may june, but funny, on the back cover they both say vol 36 march/april no 2

Do you mean the front cover ?

That info usually only appears on the front cover and page 3.

Maybe time to fire the proof reader. haha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

I am still eagerly waiting it to be delivered Down Under.

Maybe it is time to add an electronic version too (pdf)?

An electronic version is available but you have to log into the ROA website to view it. And you need the new monthly username and password to access the members-only content. 

I think website access similar to the BCA website would be a better access model for members but the current access method provides marginally more site security. 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

An electronic version is available but you have to log into the ROA website to view it. And you need the new monthly username and password to access the members-only content. 

I think website access similar to the BCA website would be a better access model for members but the current access method provides marginally more site security. 

Sorry, I should have added that the pdf copy should have been emailed.

This a little bit annoying That the info to get in is inside...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happiness! The May/June Riview arrived today (1st of July) Down Under.

I wish it had some kind of tracking device on it as it most have seen so much of the world. 
How long will the access to the ROA website work before the July/August Issue is starting its postal adventures? 😏

Have a great Riviera summer up in the north and please avoid anyone coughing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dkbuick75 said:

And now the waiting game starts again for the July Bugle and the July/August RIView  !!! Neither has arrived as of today !

Received mine yesterday Don...and I have a PO Box...yours shouldnt be far behind 👍

Tom Mooney