Want to make your car really shine?

Restorer32

Person stopped in the shop this morning and gave us a tip. She said she waxes her car with Vicks Vapo Rub. It keeps the bees away and helps with her asthma. She then proceeded to make enough irrational statements that we thought it prudent to call our local police just in case she was a missing person, maybe from a long term care facility.  She eventually drove off but we did get her name and plate number.  Anyone ever use Vicks to wax a car?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

I thought Preparation H could only be used on rear ends?

Sounds like you haven't been in restoration business long enough...😉

• Haha 1

Enough of this crap. Going out to polish my car. Hmmm, might stop at the drug store first.

5 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Lemony fresh!   Is it a woodie?  

🤣  Also comes in "zesty orange fragrance"

Not a woodie but it gave a nice shine and he said it lasted until the next wash or rain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JACK M said:

An old boy around here used to put kerosene as a polish on his car every time he washed it..

That is an old trick. Cap full or kerosene in a bucket of warm water and rub the car down. No need to rinse.  I have no idea what it does to paint in the long term, but it does work great in the short term. I have heard that it is for black cars only... I have no idea why.  I was first told of it as a passed down trick from chauffeurs looking to make a car really shine on the quick. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, Restorer32 said:

She then proceeded to make enough irrational statements that we thought it prudent to call our local police just in case she was a missing person, maybe from a long term care facility.

I just get this image of her dripping beet juice. Now where could that have come from?