Would you take a vacation driving around the country in this?

Lebowski

Interesting - veeerrrry interesting!  No floor in the camper itself - the floor of the truck becomes the camper floor.  No idea what it weighs but would certainly rather see V8 power.  By the time you got people, stuff, water, etc loaded I think it would be much more than the 6cyl Edsel could comfortably handle.  No AC would be a deal breaker for many however.  But - it might be a real attention getter at a car show,  and the price certainly doesn't look too bad on the unit. 

Terry

When I was a kid ; mid 1960's , I would see one of these set ups every now and then. But not very popular even in those days. I think small, lightweight travel trailers like those from Boler more or less knocked them out of the market.

Greg in Canada

26 minutes ago, FLYER15015 said:

So, does the camper lift up with the trunk lid ?

How do I get the spare tire out ?

Just asking............

The trunk lid is removed before mounting.  The trunk floor becomes the floor of the camper.  Look at all the picture on the Hemming's site.  The spare tire is there.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:50 PM, JamesR said:

That car's been for sale for a while now, like a couple of years. I wonder why?

He would be much better off selling the Edsel and the camper separately.

That camper would also be adaptable to other cars besides '59 Edsels as long as the minimum trunk opening dimensions are met.

Craig

I asked if he'd separate but not gonna happen. He said he had the camper restored for 10K and I dont think hed take the 5K max I think its worth as a novelty. I did a search and another came up from mid 2000s on about a 73 LTD and the whole package was offered at 2500. Camper end didnt look too shabby either. By chance does anybody know the whereabouts of the 1970 Toro front end camper that sold on ebay about 10 years ago? I think it went down towards the Carolinas way. Ive not seen or heard of it since.

I've heard in the Edsel groups I'm in on Facebook that the weight of it makes the rear suspension struggle. 

But I absolutely would, to answer your question. Of course, I've wanted to own an Edsel since I was a  teenager.