HVAC Blower Module

padgett

One that goes under the hood. Mentioned I wanted a spare and no response so was surprised to find the Delco 15-72530 is still available (was used in many cars of the period with ATC. So keeping my one remaing spare and this looks a lot different but works just fine. Best prices clustered around $120 so bought from Amazon (free shipping and fast). Just FYI

blow15-72530.jpg

• Like 1

Padgett,

I didn't see the post you are referring to but I have several of he modules, tested and in good working order, for a lot less than you paid for a new one.

Send the one back to Amazon and i can save you some money. :)

Jim

• Like 1

Padgett........could these be (easily) wired to work on older GM vehicles?

I am still working on the '65 Corvair  (3 speed blower),  one thing I would like to improve is the wiring, 

In the case of the heater blower everything goes thru the ignition switch and then the heater switch....  could this (or another) module

be incorporated to reduce the current the ignition sw and heater sw sees when the blower is on?

Remember I am not very electrical smart but I can usually follow instructions.

You need an ATC (automatic temperature control) for this module to work. I believe there is a similar module for a Riviera that just has the normal switch but these also need to be installed in the HVAC duct for cooling.

OTOH since the lower speeds are also lower current you might add a relay just for the high speed. I think GM did that on some models.

6 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Padgett........could these be (easily) wired to work on older GM vehicles?

I am still working on the '65 Corvair  (3 speed blower),  one thing I would like to improve is the wiring, 

In the case of the heater blower everything goes thru the ignition switch and then the heater switch....  could this (or another) module

be incorporated to reduce the current the ignition sw and heater sw sees when the blower is on?

Remember I am not very electrical smart but I can usually follow instructions.

Barney I think it might be pretty easy to add a relay to take the load off the ignition switch but it might be harder to take the load off the blower switch if it has several speeds.  Would have to see a wiring diagram for the blower on your Corvair to know for sure.