CHRYSLER ?

HEY THERE, IV'E GOT A CAR I NEED HELP IDENTIFYING. I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH COPUTERS AND EVERY TIME I TRY ONE OF THESE THING'S NO ONE REPLYS.COULD BE DOING IT WRONG I GUESS.THE ONLY THINGS I KNOW ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW IS THAT IT SAY'S CHRYSLER FLUID DRIVE ON THE TRUNK EMBLEM AND HAS REAR SUICIDE DOORS.THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Suicide doors were common on Chryslers through the '30's&'40's. If you could get the serial number from the right hand front hinge pillar post, we can get you the year, make, and model of your car. Otherwise, try emailing a picture to the moderator.

If it says 'Fluid Drive' on the trunk emblem, then I'd guess it as between a '39 & '49.(Fluid Drive was introduced in 1939.)

If the car has a red center stoplight above the trunk handle/license plate, and the 'Fluid Drive' script is cast into the stoplight bezel above the red lens, that would suggest a '46-'48 Chrysler.

The '40-'42 Chryslers had the 'Fluid Drive' script as part of the Chrysler badge on the trunk (I think...it's been a while since I've seen one!).

Look on the side of the hood back by the cowl for a script that says something like 'Royal', 'Windsor', 'Saratoga','New Yorker', etc for a series model.

If it has Scotch plaid upholstery, then you have a 'Highlander'.

That should get you in the ball-park.

If you find the serial plate on one of the front door pillars, it should start with the model code- for example: C-34W (for a 1942 Chrysler Windsor) followed by the seven or eight digit unit production number.

If you find said model code and post it here, we should be able to tell you exactly what you have.

Frank McMullen

(Had trouble logging in....)