Hi everyone, I am new to the group, and especially the Buick community. Any way, I am in possession of this gorgeous Buick Model 21 and its original parts manual. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about this model still existing or where I could look for potential values and model information. Thank you all in advance for any help!

8F6FEF99-0A74-4892-8150-3FBC6BDFE9DE_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

According to the book 70 Years of Buick, the model 21 used the 255 cubic inch four cylinder engine, 109" wheelbase and Buick built 3,000 of them.  So, it is Buicks second largest car in 1911, at a time when Durant was ousted and management was departing the smaller cars market and interested in going upscale.

For best information join Brassbuicks.org at BB@BrassBuicks.groups.io.  I think they have about 400 members and are active.

Welcome to the AACA Forums and best of luck.  Gary

Welcome to the forum and thank you for showing us your car. I remember a similar Model 21 owned by BCA member Burgoyne J. Frank from Maryland back in the 1970s. Last I saw it was at a local car show in 1988. I will have to go through my snapshots at the time. There are some before and after photos of that car in the Horseless Carriage Gazette Vol 35 #3 June 1973.

I hope to see your car some day..

• 4 weeks later...

well i am trying to get it to crank. The magneto has supposedly been an issue and the main reason it has not run in over 20 years, but after getting the magneto squared away and its timing right, I have come to find that the rocker arm closest to the front of the engine is broken. Thankfully that is the only problem at this point. anyone have any ideas on how or where to find something like that? (if even possible0

5 hours ago, 1911Buick said:

Well I am trying to get it to crank. The magneto has supposedly been an issue and the main reason it has not run in over 20 years, but after getting the magneto squared away and its timing right, I have come to find that the rocker arm closest to the front of the engine is broken. Thankfully that is the only problem at this point. anyone have any ideas on how or where to find something like that? (if even possible)

Nice car.  Keep up posted on your progress.  You might need to have that one repaired.  If it has a broken rocker arm, you could have a stuck valve.  Where are you located?

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply but i am located in Georgia. Anyone who is interested or has any available advice for me would be beyond appreciated. The oil pan is not dropped....yet. thinking it should be, especially since the oil level dipstick is broken. I will take some other photos this evening to send to you guys in regards to the rocker arm and have any of you replaced exhaust? Just wondering what steps are taken to do that and what materials are recommended for it. Thank you guys for your interest and assistance!