Buick35

classifieds pet peeve

Uh oh.....typo in my comment above, “binoculars”....iPad auto corrected it for some reason to bono....and I didn’t spell check!!!!

Benefits of AACA Membership.

6 hours ago, JD in CA said:

Uh oh.....typo in my comment above, “binoculars”....iPad auto corrected it for some reason to bono....and I didn’t spell check!!!!

Autocorrect can be helpful, but sometimes frustrating, as I'm sure u2 would agree. 

Some of my pet peeves include the old car "JUST" ads. Great car but in a million pieces "JUST" needs assembly. From long indoor storage includes new floor & trunk pans "JUST" need welded in.  Excellent original car "JUST" needs new paint. Includes new interior "JUST" needs installed. Vehicles are already overpriced and they still need 5 grand of additional work. And then there's the phrase "NEEDS SCUFF  & SHOOT" which implies you can have the thing painted in a couple of hours! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JD in CA said:

...how about this main photo for the advert for 1933 Ford......

maybe it’s a social distancing thing??  Hey man, hand me the bono so I can check the paint job..

1933-Ford-Coupe

This gives a whole new meaning to a 30 footer, more like a 100 footer 

• Like 1

Of course the Ford owners who are ashamed to admit they own a Ford and advertise a three window coupe or a model A for sale, also every 1929 Ford ad includes A  not needed, what else could it be?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AL1630 said:

"Needs brakes" or "Needs new fuel filter".

20 hours ago, AL1630 said:

I also don't get why people don't fix minor stuff.

Sellers don't want to open that can of worms.

We all know what happens when we pull that first drum, or try and do that minor carb adjust, or pull that fuel filter for that matter.

These are the exact reasons he is selling his heap. He ran it into the ground and its time for some attention.

or maybe is just "Totally Mechanically Inept" (C). I know some people like that.

Worse are those who "toss a can in" so the AC works- for a few days.

1 hour ago, padgett said:

or maybe is just "Totally Mechanically Inept" (C). I know some people like that.

Raises hand. I am one of those people. I have health related circumstances, but I still feel like a total failure for not being able to do even the simple things. It's going to haunt me for the rest of my life. And people wonder why I'm never happy...

Usually TMI people have other gifts. I am barely adequate with a digital camera and hopeless with a 35mm.

22 hours ago, JD in CA said:

97777512_10219610824995609_4376119985798381568_n.jpg

• Haha 3

On 5/26/2020 at 7:06 AM, JD in CA said:

This thread is awesome, I have been waiting for years to post my item to rant about for years.  Being a 1930’s Ford enthusiast, the best restored interiors were done by, or supplied by: LeBaron Bonney 

NOT:

Le Baron Bonney 

LeBaron Bonnie

interior by Bonney

Bonnie’s Interior

LeBonney

Bonney Lee Baron

...and yes, you guessed it:  Lebron Bonney

On 5/26/2020 at 7:06 AM, JD in CA said:

...found another one today on Cars On Line that I have never seen before:

This car has very nice Lebanon bottin interior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 4:41 PM, Buick35 said:

I hate spell checking but I also proof read and use the edit function if needed.I find a big turn off in advertising a car is spelling,I don't know why.People write breaks instead of brakes,ect. Dose this bother anybody else?Just wondering.Greg.

I hate poor punctuation, spelling errors, etc. It bothers me and make me wonder. 

(Sarcasm if you didn't know) :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Saurkraut and pork is a traditional New Years Day dinner for us in PA Dutch country.   My phone autocorrected "saurkraut" to "Charles Krauthammer".

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Saurkraut and pork is a traditional New Years Day dinner for us in PA Dutch country.   My phone autocorrected "saurkraut" to "Charles Krauthammer".

Mine does not.  Of course, I do not have an Iphone.

Ben

On the eastern shore, the thanksgiving turkey was accompanied by sauerkraut and lima beans. Still like.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The there was the for sale ad many years ago while there were still print ads in newspapers. In the former Waukegan News Sun was an ad for a. I want to say 1990 Ford Expire. It probably  has by now

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Then there is Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham at Christmas. Yum! Might need to import some......😂

If I don't sale it I'm gunna keep it! Even worse is the " It's going to the crusher if not sold by Monday"!  Holding your own car hostage is a tactic that seldom works.

So if the crusher is going to pay you maybe $400, why not advertise for $900 instead of $4,000?

• Like 2

"Ford Expire." More likely a Ford Exploder.(CL)

On 5/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, CHuDWah said:

and a description of the car, not a complete history of the marque back to when it was horse-drawn.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, GregLaR said:

a fat chick sprawled on the hood.

A common thing on Facebook Marketplace by dealers, especially busty broads.  

On 5/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, Billy Kingsley said:

Don't forget the "shinny" paint! 

I read a lot of things and wonder how people manage to make it though life. You can tell when someone hits the wrong letter as opposed to not understanding the basic workings of the English language. 

I wish this Forum had Spill Check for spilling errors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Use of the word VERY in every advertisement many many times . Very nice Very clean Very original etc.  But the worst of all is the constant use of VERY RARE

If someone who wants to buy a particular car doesn't know what is or isn't uncommon ( aka  vary rare) on a car then they should do their homework and research.

Does it really matter or make the car more valuable to justify the price if you let the person reading the ad know how Very Rare the original muffler clamps, radiator hoses and

fuel filter are? I personally find the use of the word Rare and Very in a description totally annoying. Or should I state that Very annoying?!

• Like 1

I cringe every time I see modifiers to "unique",  as in  "the car is very unique".   Either an object is one of a kind or it isn't.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mark graber said:

I cringe every time I see modifiers to "unique",  as in  "the car is very unique".   Either an object is one of a kind or it isn't.

One of my pet peeves as well.  There are no degrees of uniqueness. Either it is or it isn't.