Seeking Second Gen Rust Pics

JZRIV

I am providing input assisting Ray Knott doing an article on rust prone areas for an upcoming Riview. Does anyone have any pics he could use showing a rotted or rusted battery tray area, windshield A-pillar, base of windshield pinch weld with glass removed, and spare tire well. I've seen and had a fair share of these issues but never took pics specifically.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

I am providing input assisting Ray Knott doing an article on rust prone areas for an upcoming Riview. Does anyone have any pics he could use showing a rotted or rusted battery tray area, windshield A-pillar, base of windshield pinch weld with glass removed, and spare tire well. I've seen and had a fair share of these issues but never took pics specifically.

Hi Jason,

Yes, I have the perfect candidates at the shop now...I`ll snap a few pics today

Tom

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, JZRIV said:

Hi Jason
While my restoration I encountered some very rusty spots. In particular the strut at the level of the front seats in the underbody of the car.
Here some photos you can download in high resolution for the case you would like to use them: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142025655@N08/albums/72157673131500391

Let me know if you need more! 
I'm looking forward to the article in the Review 😉 

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, NC1968Riviera said:

Are these pictures for an article Ray is working on for the Riview? I'd rather not have my car identified if he uses any of my pictures. (it's pretty embarrassing)

:)

Mike will just leave us guessing …

On 5/25/2020 at 7:26 AM, JZRIV said:

This sounds like a great article—looking forward to it.