11 hours ago, topblissgt said:

Call it a protest, or a funeral and the Governer will allow it..

You are 100% correct about that, it is discrimination at its' highest level.

Back on topic for Hershey??

Unlike most of the meets and tours that take place in AACA, Hershey is way different.

Hershey is a WORLDWIDE event that draws people from all over the world.  Just because things are fine in and around Hershey doesn't mean that things are fine elsewhere in the world.  The demographics of spectators at the fall meet at Hershey are vastly different from the crowd that attends a game with the Hershey Bears.  Where I live is relatively fine.  I go 30 miles into Rochester??  Night and day!!

The other thing you also have to consider?? 

Although we can park our cars far enough apart to meet "social distancing" requirements at a meet, putting on Judge's breakfast, setting up the National Awards Committee and setting up Judge's admin would be an entirely different monster that several people (other than a Chief Judge) away from the National Board have put into consideration.

The folks at AACA Headquarters are in the business of promoting the hobby and not killing it.  All while in the midst of still trying to keep people working, do the day to day operations of AACA, while also trying to prepare for the sale complete the new building, get moved out of the old building and getting moved into the new headquarters.

While things may be fine where you and I both live, you have to keep in mind how things are for the people elsewhere that will be travelling in.

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I can't begin to imagine the tremendous pressure that the Hershey Region and the National HQ office have been under in these trying times.  I applaud the courage they have demonstrated to make the tough decisions that they had to make.  It must be very frustrating to have to operate in such a fluid situation with so many unknowns.  

Having said that, I had a few less critical, secondary items I thought could be addressed at some point.  The events insert with the Antique Automobile magazine that arrived this week is still offering flea market spots for the 2020 fall meet..."Apply now"... potentially confusing.   I would suggest some (interim) status info on the Hershey meet is needed in the next issue of the magazine as not all of our colleagues use the internet or forums.   Finally, for those of us who have already paid to renew our Hershey flea market spots back in the spring, I have not heard anything about refunds or if the payment will be automatically applied to 2021 (which I would be perfectly OK with).  

These comments are only intended as suggestions to potentially help improve communications.  Having organized a few local car shows myself, I remain in awe of the organizational and logistical effort that must be behind the Hershey Fall meet that agets even better with every passing year.

Thank you.

• Like 1

No courage needed......it was the reasonable decision. While a bummer, no reasonable person could fault it.

• Like 1

Raceabout, the issue with the flea market/car corral info is simply a matter of timing.  The printing was done before the decision was made to cancel them.  As to refunds, our understanding is that the Hershey Region will make refunds in August when their volunteers can safely return to their building to process them.  All 2020 vendors will be able to get their spaces back in 2021.

Now for some better news.  The car show on Saturday will happen as it stands now.  We have been given some clearer direction on how to prepare for this event and the national club along with the region and HE&R are moving forward.  There will be some changes in recognition of safety concerns but it will be our typical show in many ways.  In the office today working on this and we have potentially a couple big surprises we hope to announce soon as well for the fall weekend.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I agree with 21raceabout , let the payment for the 2020 Flea market spaces be applied to the 2021 flea market spaces, if that is what the vendor would agree to just send them a post card say "paid for 2021" and let the club keep the funds in an interest bearing account for the year to help them with all the expenses that had to be endured because of the cancellation . A small reward for all the work that has been done and will need to be done. It will still entail a lot of book and record keeping but if it is easier and lest costly then issuing refund checks and people find that acceptable then go for it.

• Like 1

Steve, this is good news!   Any idea of a timeline for availability of additional info and registration materials.  What about registration deadline, the usual August 15th(?) is fast approaching.

Going as fast as we can !!  Hopefully in 10 days but online sooner.

Thank you Steve, and all of  the  folks from The Hershey region for your hard work to make this happen. John

On 6/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, Walt G said:

I agree with 21raceabout , let the payment for the 2020 Flea market spaces be applied to the 2021 flea market spaces, if that is what the vendor would agree to just send them a post card say "paid for 2021" and let the club keep the funds in an interest bearing account for the year to help them with all the expenses that had to be endured because of the cancellation . A small reward for all the work that has been done and will need to be done. It will still entail a lot of book and record keeping but if it is easier and lest costly then issuing refund checks and people find that acceptable then go for it.

I feel the same way.  The Hershey Region would lose money having to cut checks and mail everything back.  

On 6/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, Walt G said:

let the payment for the 2020 Flea market spaces be applied to the 2021 flea market spaces, if that is what the vendor would agree to just send them a post card say "paid for 2021" and let the club keep the funds in an interest bearing account for the year to help them with all the expenses that had to be endured because of the cancellation . A small reward for all the work that has been done and will need to be done. It will still entail a lot of book and record keeping but if it is easier and lest costly then issuing refund checks and people find that acceptable then go for it.

I'm glad you posted this.  It just reminded me to file my sales tax return for Pennsylvania E-Tides.  The billing cycle for me ends on June 30th, the tax return isn't due until August, but this jarred my memory enough to remember to file the tax return.  

I always remember the return in January because it comes at the same time as the renewal for the flea market spots.  I always forget the one in the summer because we only sell once a year.

• Like 2

Going to post this everywhere I can:

The region made the decision to make refunds and will mail out in August.

Due to the late start by us in getting materials done we are extending the show car registration for Hershey until August 31.