DFD

Outdoor car cover

Outdoor car cover For a 1940 Ford coupe deluxe. What car cover company has a decent cover that also takes an account for the antenna on the roof

find a cover you like, cut a hole and put a grommet in. easy to do.    skyler

I just picked up this car and the gas tank is rotted I’m leaving it outside to pull the gas tank out  for safety!!and try to get it running again.  The car has not been Running for 32 years.It’s in need of a paint job but it’s immaculate underneath and inside like brand new.This car was a grand national winner in 1987

Skip the car cover. They can do more damage flapping in the wind than the rain will do. Unless it has missing windows or something I wouldnt bother.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with bill, if the wind gets ahold of the cover, you can kiss the antenna goodby. I bungee my cover down in three places but I don't have anything like an antenna in the way. Even putting the cover on will be a pain.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Bill as well.  At one time in my life, I had stored two collector cars in a carport with covers on them.  In addition to beating up the paint, even the "breathable" covers entrap moisture.  I don't think that rain is an issue as much as sun, though it may depend where you live.  Better to skip the cover, and put a towel or sheet over the dash and seats or anything on the inside you want to protect from UV exposure.  Get some of those tire covers that the RV'ers use if you need to protect tires from sunlight as well.

• Thanks 1

Me thinks you need a garage.

• Like 2

Occasionally I put a vehicle in the Grotto for a while. Issue is not wind or rain or sun but sap/pollen. I use a cover that has a strap underneath and ties to wheels. Have a 15w solar charger on the hood to keep battery up.

• Thanks 1