1938 Century Opera coupe 66s

kalaoaboy

I have a good running 38 century opera coupe that people keep asking if I will sell.  Thing is, I never see these for sale. I'm curious about a value on this car,  It's all stock but has been repainted,  they used one of the original colors, Titian Maroon .  It has a dual carb setup from the 41 and a pair of carter 608s carbs and runs good,  Nice shape, no rust, 6 volt, has heater but no radio.  Just looking for opinions from some of the buick gurus out there. Thanks in advance.

Edited by kalaoaboy (see edit history)

Kalaoboy -- Valuation on cars like yours is really a tough one.  Too stock to appeal to the hotrod crowd, and the age demographics of your properly appreciative audience are such that they're doing more selling than buying.  One major issue in your hypothetical sale is that of whether you're looking for a quick deal as opposed to lengthy advertising -- possibly for a year or more.  In any case, since a Century coupe is positioned noticeably above a Special in the food chain, your car offers a fair amount of star power.  Realistic price:  upper teens - ???

@ Pete yes its the one in the photo, I have the bumper but the chrome was peeling so I took it off. Nothing missing as far as I can tell. No sidemounts, interior is complete and original so not perfect condition but nothing is broken even the dome light is still good.

@buickborn  I wasn't really trying to sell it but have had at least 4 offers over 10k  but none over 15k. Just curious on the overall desirability so I dont pass a good offer when I hear it.

@mark  Now if I could get in the 20's I would consider letting it go! haha.

@mrearl Thanks for the link

• Like 1