Studebaker coupe express

You seem to like Studebakers...please put my name and number in the glovebox should it ever be available for sale...it is what I am looking for (David Long 301 302 9634)

Would you be interested in a cool 1957 Golden Hawk?  I may sell mine...text me for photos/details) or ask me to reply here...

Here’s one.  This photo was taken in 2016 on the day the truck was awarded its AACA Senior Award. I’ve owned it since 1997 and did all the work myself except upholstery and chrome plating.

One hundred large and it’s yours. Come and get it.

Tom

F9816450-10FF-44A2-BA17-7F2C31CAAEDF.jpeg

65 K will get you one with some looking and you might even get one for 30 or so in nice but not perfect shape.  An occasional member on here had one he was thinking of parting with a couple of years ago when I bought my Hudson Big Boy.  It was about a year later or I might have grabbed it.  I can't recall who it was though and they weren't a member that frequented the site as they had a fairly low number of posts and an ID I didn't recognize. 

HA, HA.  This is my “American Pickers” price. You never know.

Several years ago I was at a Studebaker International annual meet with another ‘37 Studebaker that I had restored, when a man came by and declared that he wanted to buy it and had to have it. I stated that I wasn’t interested in selling. He kept after me and asked what my “crazy, stupid, don’t want to sell it” price was. I quoted a price north of $100,000 and figured that would be the end of the conversation.  All he said was “Can I look under the hood?”  Less than five minutes later he owned it.  My wife was pissed that I let it go and I still regret I didn’t keep it long enough to take it through the AACA system.

Tom

By-the-way, auburnseeker , I am in the process of repainting all four fenders on my ‘47 Hudson pickup, and just reinstalled the left rear today. I have followed the entire chronicle of your shop build and am impressed with the attention to detail and astonished at the total cost.  It’s not like that here in rural Louisiana. Permits? We don’t need no stinking permits.  Insulation? We don’t need no stinking insulation. And it’s all clay soil. I have yet to find the first rock on my property.

8BE05E34-778C-4D9A-92BD-8047A7A14DA3.jpeg

Looks like a very nice truck you are putting together.  Mine is not nearly that nice.  Kind of a nice beater. 

I could have only wished we didn't have rocks but then again does make for nice landscaping opportunity.  The whole permit thing is as much a scam as anything.  Who would have thought a high tax state would require everything to have a permit.  Permits generate money.  I swear feels like the mob is running our state. 

Show us a few more photos of your Hudson.

I'm thinking if I ever swap out the Hudson it will be for a Terraplane, Coupe express or a Diamond T or Federal Pickup. 

Though a 33 or 34 Dodge Pickup could walk right in as well. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

I like you folks...here’s the full confession/ I am a school teacher (i.e. not wealthy) but just happen to like old cars and I am particularly smitten with Studebaker’s. I found this golden hawk in a barn years ago and purposely paid (more than it is worth) to have it mechanically but not cosmetically restored.  Of every 10 that see it, one tells me to burn it to put it out of its misery and the other nine can’t stop taking pictures of it.  One lady approached me giggling ...I asked her what was up and (pardon me)...but...honest to goodness she told me she lost her virginity in the back of a golden hawk.  (I hope this doesn’t get me booted off the forum because I am a good guy).  
ANYWAY I would LOVE to pull my golden hawk into a car show as it is being towed behind a coupe express (it even just a short distance across the show field). I also own a 65 gto convertible and a coupe express is the only thing that would make me part with the gto!C77C1A71-04AE-4ACF-A1F1-2F05257BFDCB.thumb.jpeg.9ec0036484920510cf0fb323cf252c71.jpeg

5B5ACBC8-0A9A-40A8-A765-CF6FA891532B.jpeg

I am serious about buying one, yes...as with ANY car purchase, there are many factors that dictate the price I am willing to pay such as:

condition, color, history, is the power train the 'born with' power train...I know I can't be too picky, but so far I have found two...thanks everyone for your help.   I don't do any work as I don't have the time or skills, so it needs to be turn key.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:54 AM, SMB said:

There is a yellow one on Ebay now with a Buy it Now price.

The yellow Coupe Express that was posted to Ebay is owned by this writer.

A legit dialogue for having owned more than one truck in the past 20 years and having traveled thousands of miles in the past to view, decide to buy or not and then haul home it means being logical about pricing based on condition. Most want something for nothing as in turn-key for under $30,000 today when what is available for restorables are start-up projects in a #4 or #5 condition and thus become hot-rod projects. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Half the fun of locating anything vintage is doing your own research, then talking to a live person vs email or text in todays age where most people hide behind a user name that doesn't come close to their real identify. It's easy to mock someone else's efforts but typical is the person doing so gleans knowledge from someone else, claiming it as their own without walking one foot in the person's shows that has done the legwork for them. 

Who doesn't want a fully restored, immaculately kept antique no matter what it might be. I certainly do. Finding that pick of the litter is a task and simply takes time. Those that never get their hands dirty and rely on others to apply a wrench to their toy is just not the same type of enthusiast as the man who maintains his own vehicle, runs to a salvage yard for a part or drives 2500 miles to obtain a front clip let alone a completed vehicle or have someone else tow their toy for them. 

In the meantime, I am looking for parts -or- have a vehicle for sale!