1931 Chrysler CD8 Roadster Progress May 2020

A couple of photo updates on the 1931 Chrysler CD8 Roadster project. Was up to see the body wizard today, and see progress on his work. As shown, firewall, dash, driver side incl door are pretty well finished. Passenger side and rear still need lots of work. Estimated completion of this part of project is mid to late summer. In meantime, I am fitting brake system, fuel lines and wiring onto chassis and have wire wheels out for sandblasting. One day at a time! Secong post has pics showing work to go on rest of body.

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Some additional photos. Driver side was in about same condition, needed all new lower 6", new inner and outer door skins (partial on driver side) etc. A contact in California loaned me the step plate braces so I can fit fenders correctly and make a pair. Thanks Jeff O! Good to have friends in this hobby, only shipped them 4000 miles!

IMG_6631.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6633.JPG

• Like 5

Harold, great to see such progress. Kudos to you for tackling this project. Looking good and coming along, it doesn't get any better than that. What's chances of finding an Ontario 1915 License plate? One of my Dodges' came from Ontario and I would like to have an era Canadian plate. Thanks Rob

• Thanks 1