What's your view on pre-war Studes?

I have been wondering about these beauties that are even further back beyond my time than Daisy-Mae is. After researching a few models, I came to the distinct and singular conclusion of...wowzers! If I thought Daisy was from another planet, these things might as well be from another universe from my perspective. It's just wonderful. Until I looked at the prices...

Being in college doesn't exactly give me a lot of finances, but it does give me a lot of time. So, in your view, which is the best pre-war Stude sedan that I should focus on? I'm completely open at this point.

Here's an image of what I consider to be a pretty sweet example: the 1935 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser. Quite a few Pierce-Arrow design cues I feel are in this example and it doesn't detract from the whole package one bit. At $1,200 when new ($22,457.43 today), it certainly was more attainable than any Pierce-Arrow that's for sure!

1691757565_35Stude.jpg.4b9992aaa329b15fc7088d00deec7ef1.jpg

In something other than powder blue....here's an example from an old Hemmings ad (maybe owned by one of the members here?) - beautiful car

1934 Studebaker President for sale #1956209 - Hemmings Motor News ...

• Like 2