1936 Packard 120 Convertible wire wheels

Hi Everyone!

I need a set of new wire wheels for the mentioned car.

I asked a quote for them at Coker tire and the answer is the order may take between 1 to 2 months!!

Since I need them quickly I wrote to UNIVERSAL TIRE in PA but his answer was the following:

''These wheels will not work on a 36 Packard. The offset on the wheel and the center bore will not fit the 36 or a majority of the 37s. On certain models the wheel fits but the cap can not be installed due to the cap on the hub of the axle''

Now I'm even doubting about the ones offered by COKER as I could have the same fitment problem.

Anyone could help about these possible fitment problems and where to find them quicker than 1-2 months??

Many Thanks in advance!!

Universal and Coker are the same company. Universal's employees still seem to care a little bit about making sure customers are happy, but Coker will sell you anything you want and figure it out later if something goes wrong.

Didn't 1936 120s come with steel or artillery wheels, not wires?

040.thumb.JPG.7af2cbab59b1cbbc8cc694baaf570f58.JPG

Tanks Matt and Owen for your answers.

However my question is where to finf new  wire wheels fitting that car.

I'm aware there is a source for them as I have seen several 1936 120 convertibles adverted for sale equiped with them.

Many thanks for your help.

There are companies that will make new wire wheels, such as Dayton and Tru-Spoke. They are outrageously expensive and don't really look correct on the car. Here's a 1948 Buick that was a lovely restoration but those modern wire wheels just stuck out like a sore thumb as wildly incorrect:

48Buick1.thumb.jpg.6d7fbd367feb57a4f4f4c772f52aa055.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:01 AM, trimacar said:

In my experience, 1 to 2 months in the car restoration world is the same as instantaneous.......

You are not kidding!  Most things are measured in years.

I had a set of 18 inch wheels restored by Dayton early this year,   stainless spokes painted rims and hubs, chromed snap rings,  the did the entire job start to finish in under 90 days.  I was pretty impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1