lhend50

1936 Buick three window coupe

Posted (edited)

1936 Buick 3-window coupe, straight 8, 3spd
$25,000 · cpeZyI728ny.png01867
I have no connection to this car, found it on facebook marketplace and thought I would share it.  I think you can get to the actual ad by searching 1936 Buick 3 window coupe. I only posted four pictures, guy has 37 photos in the ad.

Hi guys thanks for the add. I'm trying to help a 75 yr old friend of mine to sell his 36 Buick three window coupe. Straight-8, 3spd manual, floor shifted. A very cool car that was restored 20 years ago and never driven. It's a very rare dual side-mount car. It's been in a garage ever since, comes with a ton of rare parts and manuals. I was last running 8 yrs ago. I'm sure this will be a blast to drive with a little work. He's asking $25k - not sure if he's being realistic or not... see pics. It's located in Massachusetts. Thanks! The first 4 pics are of the car when it was just completed, the rest were taken this past Saturday, as I found it. Stuffed with dryer sheets to prevent any mice from entering the car.

99284428_10163656172825258_5907839378071224320_o.jpg

98450406_10163656172890258_2137355951907274752_o.jpg

98458387_10163656173230258_7018393469844455424_o.jpg

99127659_10163656173085258_6695275903276023808_o.jpg

98203911_10163656173940258_7542758124273270784_o.jpg

Edited by lhend50
new information (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sharp little car, but a little pricey as it hasn't run in 8 years.

Factory paint color?

I think the dryer sheets would keep me out of the car as well.

• Haha 1

It is a sharp car, there is a cowl tag in one of the photos he posted in the ad. I really don't have any idea of value, but agree, 25000 seems a bit high for a car that has not been started in eight years. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice car, would be interested in more photo's and contact information. I do not do facebook, any way of getting more information other than facebook? Trying to find the ad, I can get on facebook marketplace, which state ?

Edited by roadmaster37
added more (see edit history)

Sounds like he's open to offers and it is a pretty little car. I think it could be worth $20 if you show up with cash and discover no damage from storage. The dryer sheets don't scare me, I actually find them reassuring, suggesting someone seemed to want to protect the car from vermin rather than just shoving it in a garage and forgetting about it. Heck, you'd burn through $25K pretty fast just doing paint and chrome to an average level on that car. This is the right way to buy them. Heavy lifting done and hopefully only in need of sorting.

Makes you wonder why a pretty car like that would be restored, only to just be started in the garage once in a while, and not even that for the last eight. Does it overheat? Electrical issues? Strange noises in the drivetrain? I think I'd insist the car be made test-drivable before I'd offer any large fraction of the asking price.

• Like 1

I can't say anything about having a car sit. The fun for me has always been doing the work. I have a beautiful 1968 impala convertible, that I finished nearly four years ago and I still have not registered it for the road. Hopefully this summer if DMV ever opens again.

3 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

The dryer sheets don't scare me, I actually find them reassuring, suggesting someone seemed to want to protect the car from vermin rather than just shoving it in a garage and forgetting about it.

It's hard to get the perfumey smell out of the car when you use them, and contrary to popular belief, THEY DON'T WORK to keep mice out. I bought a car that was stored over 1 winter & I found a giant mouse nest under the back seat made of dryer sheets.

Is the firewall data plate supposed to be painted or bare and shiny like that one. I thought of polishing mine after removing the paint but not sure how to go about it,it's rivited on and I don't want to drill out the rivets,on my 35 Buick.Thanks. I think that's a good price for the coupe,wish I could afford it.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, suchan said:

Factory paint color?

Paint code is 420. The car was originally Imperial Black.

I don't mind the pastel yellow too much but a set of black wall tires would really help, I think.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

thats a beautiful car and I like the styling. how much wood was in the 36 Buick Coupes compared to other brands like Chevrolet ? I went and looked at a 31` Chevy and the darn thing had a forest worth of wood in the body structure

8 hours ago, Buick35 said:

Is the firewall data plate supposed to be painted or bare and shiny like that one. I thought of polishing mine after removing the paint but not sure how to go about it,it's rivited on and I don't want to drill out the rivets,on my 35 Buick.Thanks. I think that's a good price for the coupe,wish I could afford it.

They're often shiny but the rivets are wrong.

29 minutes ago, Buick dude said:

thats a beautiful car and I like the styling. how much wood was in the 36 Buick Coupes compared to other brands like Chevrolet ? I went and looked at a 31` Chevy and the darn thing had a forest worth of wood in the body structure

36 Buicks are still full of wood. The top will be steel.