atencioee

Looking for heater temp door wire clip

I'm looking for a clip like this blue one. This blue one is for the defroster door wire/cable. The red one for my heater temperature door broke. Anyone know where I can find one?  These are plastic...I would prefer to find a metal clip. 

20200518_210055.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

The second problem is going to be how you slip it over the coiled end.  You might end up at Home Depot buying something like this:

black-gardner-bender-electrical-staples-ppc-1525uvb-64_1000.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KongaMan said:

The second problem is going to be how you slip it over the coiled end.  You might end up at Home Depot buying something like this:

I just may have to get something like that..

11 hours ago, KongaMan said:

I may have to get a new cable. Does anyone know where I can get one?

You can probably make a cable from bicycle cable sheathing and music wire.

GM used to make a kit to repair broken plastic ends.  Don't think it has been available for years.  Was nothing fancy.

Just a piece of metal that bolted to where the bolt is to hold the cable in place with a fairly heavy duty piece of steel that would clamp down on the broken plastic piece & hold it in place.

I used to have a kit, BUT I can't find it at the moment.

Very simple design.  Wish I knew how to make a drawing & post it or find the kit I know I do have & take a pic & post it. The pic I can do IF I find the kit..

Tom T.

• Like 2

That sounds great Tom, I would appreciate it, whatever info or even if you have the parts available to sell.

Gene

Gene,

I have been looking for the kit on & off for about 2-3 years now.  I know it's in one of the three 8x9x40 foot containers I have that has MOST ALL of the equipment & miss. when I closed up shop.  So don't hold your breath.

I'll see if I can find something on the internet!

Posted (edited)

Old Air Products sells a complete new set of cables for less than $100.  Might as well start new rather than replacing them one at a time over the coming years. Their ad says something about improvements over the original.

Go to Google for the website and use the Old Air Products drag down menus for your year make and model.  It will be one of the first things that shows up.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I seen that...I think it was around $68 plus shipping. The thing is, I really only need a clip. However, I may end up buying the cable set from them.

GADS I wish I knew how to draw a pic & post it. You could make one yourself. It's that easy.

Give me a hint???? on how to accomplish this.

Perhaps I can make one or If I can find a piece of metal/hardware/etc and mend it to correct shape.

Piece of metal strapping, bend it around a drill bit, shape it with a hammer, drill a hole for the screw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telriv said:

GADS I wish I knew how to draw a pic & post it. You could make one yourself. It's that easy.

Give me a hint???? on how to accomplish this.

Can you draw it on a piece of paper and then snap a picture, then attach the picture?

• Like 1

Excellent idea should of thought of this myself.

THANKS FOR THE HINT.!!!!

I'll do it later today when I get back home after completing my plans for the day.

Tom T.

• Like 1

Anytime Tom T.

Little hints like that is nothing compared to the wealth of knowledge and advice you share on here!

Is this a 63 cable you are looking for. I have a lot of cables maybe I can help. Gene

• Like 1

I'm looking for the heater control cable or a clip for a 1964 Buick Riviera 

DrownedRiv & ANYONE ELSE,

I do this for no other reason than to be a help to others with my years of experience on wrenching on cars/light trucks & numerous Rivs, over the years & I ENJOY it to be helpful.

We all have a need to be needed & this is no different & one of the reasons I do it..

I changed out a P/S pump in the parking lot at the Gettysburg meet.  Did I charge or ask for any monetary reward, NO, BUT ended up with an engine rebuild.  AGAIN I enjoy it & the time involved I can NO WHERE charge for the amount of time it takes along with the driving time & distance to my MACHINIST that I use.

Right now I'm involved with two rebuilds.  I have invested A LOT of time between phone calls & e-mails.  Hopefully I can make a few $$$ on parts that are/may be needed, BUT I'm NOT a big time dealer who gets discounts on parts so my pricing will almost always be a little higher, BUT then again I am not a salesman only. I do install the parts I sell & KNOW THAT WHAT I SELL WORKS as I have already done the installation myself MANY times over.   This experience alone is worth more than the cost of the parts.  I think that MANY will agree.  How MANY times have you bought something that's supposed to be a bolt-in & after spending who knows how much time & $$$$ you through at it, it now becomes wall art to remind you NOT to do that again or just throw it away.

I just would like to see people end up with a quality rebuild WITHOUT ANY OF THE ASSORTED PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARRIVE that can/may be avoided from machinists who may have good intentions &/BUT look at a "NailHead" & treat it like another SBC or SBF.  They all have their own idiosyncrasy's that everybody knows about on other engines, BUT aren't so inclined/knowledgeable on the ole "Nails". Yes, they ALL run on fuel & air. For basics it's engine rebuild 101.  Problem is that MOST will NOT take the time to do the nec. research. You got to remember time is $$$$.   Between the time on phone calls & e-mails I probably spend a good to 2-3 hours a day after I get home from the daily duty's I assign myself to do almost on a daily basis.

Tom T.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abandg said:

Is this a 63 cable you are looking for. I have a lot of cables maybe I can help. Gene

The cable I have is still on the car and did my best to measure it...it's around 41 inches if I measured correctly. And as mentioned...it's the heater cable for my 64 Rivi.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, atencioee said:

I'm looking for a clip like this blue one. This blue one is for the defroster door wire/cable. The red one for my heater temperature door broke. Anyone know where I can find one?  These are plastic...I would prefer to find a metal clip. 

20200518_210055.jpg

If anyone needs the blue tabbed Defrost Control Cable (~24"long) let me know.

I will let the extra Old Air Products cable that I have go for the cost to ship it to you. 

• Like 1

Dang it! That would have saved me money! I ended up the set from Old Air! 

• Haha 1