1952 Special 45R coupe

Rusty Heaps

It’s been a while since I gave an update. I have been busy trying to keep a ‘50 Chevrolet on the road and put a ‘46 Chevrolet on the road. Not having much success with either. So to keep from smacking Chevrolet junk with a big hammer I decided to put some attention towards the ‘52 Special. We’ve had some wonderful weather for the last couple of days and I couldn’t waste them, so I spent some time detailing the front suspension and firewall area.  Still not any luck with finding a driver’s door. 

F0EE763C-E0C4-4692-AE74-4A6226005101.jpeg

Edited by Rusty Heaps (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

Not much to update on the ‘52, I have been busy with three Chevrolets ‘46, ‘50, 55.  The ‘46 has a bad pinion and I need to replace it so I can sell it. I made a recent trip to the junkyard for parts and now need to install them. The ‘50 is my driver, but needs some attention paid to its roadworthiness. And the ‘55 has recently had its initial start up and cam break in, soon to be on the road. I have learned a valuable lesson about trying to move a Buick without an engine or transmission. One should secure the torque tube tightly to the frame before the move! Fortunately I only moved it backwards into the garage a couple of feet. And then repositioned the rear end. No blood, no foul.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...