Reunited with original owner

My wife and I took our Victory six sedan for a drive today to meet up with the original 2nd owner of the car. Her son ran into me at a swap meet a few months back and he noticed the kookaburra on the radiator and came up to me and said, that’s our old car my mum use to take us to school in it. We swapped numbers and he asked if I could bring it out to his mums place one day. 
So today was the day and it was so nice to hear some old stories about the car. Her Mum actually drove it to WA many years ago which is a huge 3 day drive or more in a normal car. It’s been in the movie Phar lap and on channel 9’s heh hey it’s Saturday. They have also done many interstate rallies in her. 
They were so happy to see her fully restored and still being used. 
They have a shed full of model T’s but said the dodge victory was always a nicer car to drive. When we bought the victory my wife named her Doddy and you wouldn’t believe it the ladies granddaughter is called Doddy. Crazy hey!! 
She gave me a beautiful pencil drawing she had done many years ago which I thought was so nice of her to do. It will be framed and put on the wall. 

9FA8506B-4051-4598-B15C-CC91641527F6.jpeg

D99108CB-04FF-4A1E-9AD7-B5B1B5AFD071.jpeg

• Like 8

Wow Matt, That is so special When I bought my 2249 donkeys years ago the Cockie that was the new owner of the property gave me the previous owners name and phone # When he sold the farm he was a Widower and he retired to Exmouth  I rang him and introduced myself over the phone and asked him about the car He asked Which one I bought and when I replied the Dodge he sad "You've got a bloody good car there mate and proceeded to tell me the history of the car that they had owned since 1946 I asked him if he had any photos of the car and he said yes and he would find them and pass them on to me The poor old bugger passed away 2 weeks after I spoke to him He was 92 So I never got my photos But it was so up lifting to speak to him and boy did my car have an interesting life 

• Like 2

What a neat story ! Thanks for sharing 

The drawing is true artwork, she has an incredible talent...

One of a kind piece that I'm sure you'll cherish and proudly display.

Congrats 

Oh yeah, beautiful car by the way.. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ron Lawson said:

Matt back again I have a photo of your car when it was driven to Western Australia in 1979 for Rally West Boy its a small world I will post them to you 

Thanks Fellas!! 

That’s incredible You have that Ron, thanks mate I would love them. 
So that must of been the time the ladies mum drove it to WA. It adds so much personality and attachment to your car when you know a little bit about its journey. These old girls live such a long time and go through so many caretakers if they are looked after properly. 

So talking to Ron today and yes he has the photo of the same car at a service station and was also talking to Nancy the owner of the car at the time when she drove it over to WA. That is a huge drive back in 79. 
That is incredible that you remember the car back in 79 Ron. I can’t remember who I spoke to last week. 
Ron sent me the picture of it in the rally booklet back in 79. Makes it all the more special to us.