Aluminum Brazing

mike6024

I have seen ads for this product lately and am very curious. They claim to be hvacr rated and I am all about a good low heat bond. I do wonder what the flux core will leave behind though. 

You could use many types of solder on aluminum, but I couldn’t get the finish the infomercials are showing with this product. That said, l might not be able to get it with this product either. 

Don't know if I've been using the exact sane stuff, but I've been using stuff like this since the mid 80's. Have used it to fix a chipped prop on the boat, usually use it under the hood on leaking AC lines. Good for small repair jobs, best use the wire feed on the busted up aluminium trailer.

Anyone thinking about giving this stuff a try, I suggest starting on empty beer cans. Getting a good looking seam is easy, after you learn how to fill a hole in an empty aluminum can.

I bought some rods that were been demonstrated at Hershey a few years ago,great stuff the demonstrator could do anything from coke cans,which by the way we’re supposed to be the hardest thing to weld to solid stock. I bought some,needed to repair an aluminum part,could not do it. But I could weld beer or pop cans no problem All day long.