Antique short bus

I sold my 48 Chevy panel to a fellow in a wheelchair. Much smaller than a bus and easier to park. He had a lift installed at the back and hand controls to drive and that was after he had the Chevy big block installed. 

Just a suggestion if no bus is found and they did build a large window panel as a service vehicle but are also scarce. 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

I was always asked if I rode the short bus to school, what do they meen by that!

HMMM,,,...

Trying to be politically correct.

Most school  systems have something in place for special needs students.

These students may have special staff and different hours than the mainstream.

There are obviously fewer of these special kids, so to accommodate they would get separate transportation.

And since there are fewer of these students they really didn't need a full size school bus.

Hence the 'short bus'.

This created a stereotype.

The owner of this bus lives about three miles from me,I've known him for decades,just called him to see if he listed it with this Desert Classics and he said no,at least not to his memory. These pictures are old,he took the tires off many years ago and put them inside. He said he would take $7500 for the bus if someone was interested. He's old and not in great health so I'm helping him,and he says it's a 23 not a 22. Contact me if interested. Steve 307-630-7838.

i wonder how desert classics got it on their site. I maintain the registry of Model L lincolns for the club. I called desert classics and asked for the serial number and he wasnt very nice and said I had to buy it to get it. 

This looks to have some later engine parts in it. If its actually a 23 then maybe not. I need the engine number and the serial number off the firewall tag to be sure. From a Lincoln perspective, this has about a 2000 dollar value. From an antique short bus perspective? I dont know. 

Edited by Linus Tremaine (see edit history)

• 2 months later...