AACA Magazine arrived

Terry Bond

I just got mine in Ontario, Canada a couple of days ago.  I mail out parcels daily by Expedited Mail and I can say that in the last month everything has slowed down dramatically.  Up until this point both the USPS and Canada Post had been very good and right in line with their regular delivery schedules but both are suddenly taking about twice as long as normal, though everything eventually arrives.   Just hang in there folks they will get there.   

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Yours was special, I personally had it mailed 185th class!  Sorry, Ed...don't bother to call.  I will handle personally so you will owe me! :)  It will go out Monday.  Even our staff got their magazines late this issue, we are beginning to surmise that COVID MIGHT have had something to do with this but not sure. 

185th class is a step up or me. My father liked to remind me that “I have NO class.”  It was a running joke in our house, as my grand parents came from the most humble of backgrounds possible. When I finally visited the original home of my great grandparents in the back woods of Gaspe Canada I have to admit I was shocked. The home was still in the family in the 80’s and still had no running water or centeral heat. Electricity was installed in the mid 60’s. The privy was still in use, and the “bath” was still the creek. The tough old birds would jump in every evening after work wearing just a shower cap. That was year round, unless the creek froze over. They were a tough bunch of people. The latest generation of relatives have moved into the “city”, and the house now stands empty. It’s down a dirt road about 25 miles........I hope someday to take my 1915 T and drive up to the old homestead and stay a few days. 

11 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Hopefully you got my response...I have to take care of the Region guys.  I was in Merrillville for 30 plus years.

Thanks a million Steve.  

I'll be happy to buy you lunch if you are ever out this way.  

55 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Do I have to send a third????  If you do not get the one we just sent out by the end of the week first class I would have a talk with your mailman..he may be enjoying the magazine too much! :) 

She has a 68 Mustang.......might be the problem!

• Haha 1

I think something must have gone wonky with the post office - my dad got both of his copies on the same day, two days after he emailed the AACA office about not receiving the original.

Thanks Steve, and the whole AACA team, for making sure everyone gets their magazines.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Why is it the AMAZON packages get thru with little or no problem?  

Because Amazon has contracts with carriers that over ride normal delivery....money still is an influence, you know, and we’ve allowed it to happen, demanding special treatment from certain vendors.  Not their fault, public demand drives it...

• Thanks 1

It’s a shame that is the truth. I’ve worked with magazines all my life and what a publication must do with presort, bar coding, bundling, bagging or palletizing their product and because it is considered 2nd class (actually periodical rated under the newer name) is a crime. Mailings like this pub have been the backbone of the USPS for years. They do everything something like Azamon does then gets terrible service. Your tax dollars at work for the only government entity that is chartered to make a profit.