New old Buick tech Oldxr

Just started working at a shop that services older cars.After resealing a torque ball on a 32 Roadmaster some how I got elected to be the house Buick tech.Not a bad gig since there is no flat rate time standard. just do good work.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I know of Larry Claypool, but have never met him. Larry's shop is about 1 mile from my house. A friend of mine had a 1966 Corvair and used to take it Larry to have repairs done, at that time he needed to make appointment for service. He was always very happy with Larry's service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Barney Eaton said:

Frankfort Ill is where Larry Claypool has a Corvair shop........

How long has he been in that location? I sold a Bear alignment rack to a Corvair club or shop back in the early 80's

Claypool has been in Frankfort forever...... don't know if always in the same location.   He is a very clever mechanic and also works on a lot of odd-ball

vehicles that no other mechanic will touch.

Larry Claypool has been at same location since 1975 that I know of, he was into Yugo's for a good while, I also had a neighbor that had Studebaker car and pick-up that Larry serviced. I never heard anyone who had a negative experience. Frankfort car club had a drive night in town, and at one point did a TV show tape delay on a local TV channel, and Larry did the TV interviews with people with there old cars at the drive night, and he did a great job with the interviews, and offered a lot of old car knowledge at the same time. I am sure that he gained new customers for his shop from that alone, plus word of mouth.