FOR SALE - Rebuilt 1942 Ford Flathead 6-Cylinder Engine

I have a 1942 Ford 6-cylinder flathead engine that my brother would like to sell. But we have no idea of its value. (Admin – please delete if not allowed).

In the mid 80's (yep, 35 years go) my brother owned a '47 Ford pickup that he planned on restoring. He removed this engine from the truck, and had it rebuilt. I have receipts dated 1985. He ended up selling the truck itself, without ever having installed or ran the engine, but held onto the engine all these years. He will soon be moving into a different house, and decided that the time has come to let go of the engine. He worked with the experienced Ford engine builder who assembled the engine, and told me that the engine was liberally lubricated when it was put back together. I stopped by my brother's place this week, and we were able to turn it over with a socket and straight arm; it was not "stuck" whatsoever.

Info from the block:

Ferro 2GA6015

From the web:

"The G casting: This is the original inline six cylinder and was used before WW2. It is cast by Ferro foundry and will have a stylized raised Ferro mark located on the oil pan rail next to the oil breather pipe. The casting mark will have a G as part of its code, for instance, 2GA 6015."

"That is a 1942 engine...90 hp, 226 cubic inch, bore 3.3", stroke 4.4". The 2GA engine was produced and used in 1942 models only."

Located in Bloomer, WI (54724)

My brother wants it gone; $500 OBO - Will consider all offers.  Thanks!

__IMG_0842r.JPG

_001aa.jpg

_001x.jpg

_002a.jpg

_002b.jpg

_002x.jpg

_003aa.jpg

_003x.jpg

_004aa.jpg

_004x.jpg

_IMG_0842r.JPG

IMG_0836r.JPG