1914 Maxwell

bolt98

Looking for information on a 1914 Maxwell.  My grandfather bought one in the 1970's in FLA and had it shipped to the midwest, where it has been stored in a garage ever since.  I remember riding in it as a kid.  It was moved to its current location (from one building to another) in the late 1980's.  

I know nothing about this car.  He passed away over 25 yrs ago and my mother wants to get rid of it but does not know where to start.  What is the value?  Who would be interested?  How do we even move it?  I can get some pics.  Its in decent shape, I believe.  I don't think its ever been restored.  Its been covered in blankets in a garage for the last 25 yrs.  I know it has the original manual and papers.   Even 1914 license plates.  

On the Title, it states Body Type as "3D" and Model as "25".  

5 minutes ago, bolt98 said:

Looking for information on a 1914 Maxwell.  My grandfather bought one in the 1970's in FLA and had it shipped to the midwest, where it has been stored in a garage ever since.  I remember riding in it as a kid.  It was moved to its current location (from one building to another) in the late 1980's.  

I know nothing about this car.  He passed away over 25 yrs ago and my mother wants to get rid of it but does not know where to start.  What is the value?  Who would be interested?  How do we even move it?  I can get some pics.  Its in decent shape, I believe.  I don't think its ever been restored.  Its been covered in blankets in a garage for the last 25 yrs.  I know it has the original manual and papers.   Even 1914 license plates.  

On the Title, it states Body Type as "3D" and Model as "25".  

Pictures, especially detailed ones will allow someone a better idea of what we are discussing.

Howard Dennis

I have a 1916 maxwell touring car. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your car. they really dont have much value like most antique cars. Your being a 1914 may help t6he value as its eligible for the brass tours. (1915 or older) I was able to geta plaque for mine being a 100 year old car.

lot of fun but tricky to keep it running especially on unleaded gas.

bob

17 hours ago, ulrace said:

I have a 1916 maxwell touring car. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your car. they really dont have much value like most antique cars. Your being a 1914 may help t6he value as its eligible for the brass tours. (1915 or older) I was able to geta plaque for mine being a 100 year old car.

lot of fun but tricky to keep it running especially on unleaded gas.

bob

What is the brass tour?

Got some pics this weekend.  Any info would be helpful.  We would be also interested in selling it, its located in Ohio.

We can only take pics of the drivers side.  Couldn't get on the other side, the wall and car too close. Same with the rear.

Max5.jpg

Max6.jpg

Max13.jpg

Max15.jpg

Max8.jpg

Max6.jpg

I own a 1914 Maxwell, a roadster or two-seat version of yours.    Yours looks like a 25-4, a touring car, and rather complete.   I find mine to be a peppy car, and fun to drive.  I would be interested in seeing photos of the engine compartment.  There is not much in print, including advertising, about these cars, as it was a transition year for Maxwell from a corporate ownership perspective.    Let me know what more you might like to know about it, and I will be glad to assist.

We would be interested in selling it but not sure on a fair price to ask for it.  It has sat at this location since the late 1980's.  Never touched since then.  We need to get rid of the property and this is the big thing holding us back.  Also, we figure let someone enjoy it....right now its just sitting and collecting dust.

It did run when it was put into the garage.  My grandfather used to tell me it was never restored.  It appears to be in solid shape, IMO.  Regarding the engine, I have no idea.  Maybe this weekend I will try to get a pic of that.

I paid $6500 for mine several years ago.  It had not been run in ten or so years, and has a non-original carburetor and intake manifold.  I thought that was a good price at the time.  Yours seems to be in somewhat better shape, and being an all-original car is a plus.  My guess is about $7500 as is; perhaps $8500 to $9500 if you can demonstrate that the engine is not frozen and the valves not stuck.  Probably in the $12-15,000 range if you get it running.   Just one man's opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...