Anyone know the application? Small circular part

hursst

Hello, I have a couple boxes of what are called "Small Parts."  Part # is SP-453, made by Sosmetal, probably in the 1960's.  Don't know what they do or where they go,.  Maybe not even automotive related.  Any idea what what these are?  Thanks.

100_6630.JPG

Diameter is 15/16", a little short of 1/8" thick.

Great suggestion!  Amazingly, they are still in business after 74 years.  I emailed their contact us link, and someone actually got back to me in only a few hours.  Sosmetal seems like a really great company!  Turns out it's a washer spacer for a 1949-1954 Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury with a manual transmission.  Go figure.  Now to find someone that is rebuilding an old Ford Trans...

Thanks for everyone's inputs, as always.

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hursst said:

Great suggestion!  Amazingly, they are still in business after 74 years.  I emailed their contact us link, and someone actually got back to me in only a few hours.  Sosmetal seems like a really great company!  Turns out it's a washer spacer for a 1949-1954 Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury with a manual transmission.  Go figure.  Now to find someone that is rebuilding an old Ford Trans...

Thanks for everyone's inputs, as always.

Chris

It's always gratifying to learn of a company which is willing to help someone with identifying their old products. Otherwise, that stuff ends up in a dumpster, while someone else somewhere around the world is tearing their hair out, trying to find that exact item. 

• Like 1