Jack Welch

2021 BCA National Meet/s- Concord, North Carolina June 30-July 3; Strongsville Ohio , July 7-10

5 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Brian.......with your connections,  it would be great to see some vintage Buick race cars.

I guess it was 2012 when the race cars category was created and there was only one NASCAR Buick in attendance.  (none that I remember since)

I happened to be on the judging team that judged that class and we had a tough time comparing it to "original race car"

That was Mr. Bulgari's. We had a couple other registered but they no showed. I can think of a few others nearby, non-members. I can certainly extend them an invite. It would be neat to have an old Indycar and old NASCAR and maybe an old IMSA or a Kenne Bell drag car.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

you should talk to this guy ,,thou hes from California he was at last years GS Nats 

buick race cars.jpg

buickrace cars1.jpg

• Like 3

The Buick Heritage Alliance will be hosting a celebration dinner at both events, on Friday evening, from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. We are excited to be able to visit Charlotte and Strongsville, and provide BCA members with a BHA update along with our Annual BHA Recognition trophy. More details will be available, as we work with Brian and Heather.

A couple of other items:  I'll ALSO take Matt's $10 bet as I believe both cities will benefit from an outstanding attendance of cars and BCA members. Angie and I will be taking cars to both events.

Anyone wishing to join JB coastering at Cedar Point or Carowinds, during these two events,  let me know!   Jeff.Brashares@JBrashares.com   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Buick Heritage Alliance will be hosting our annual dinner at BOTH National Meet locations, Friday, July 2, 2021 in Strongsville, Ohio, Friday, July 2; and Charlotte, NC. Friday, July 9.

We will resume both our National Meet Board meetings, for BCA members to attend; as well as our National Award. Details will be placed in the BCA Calendar, when meal details are finalized. 

• Thanks 1

All,

The registration form is taking longer than expected to finalize due to hotel staff being furloughed. Please be patient as we hope they will return soon and get it out to everyone as soon as we can.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jeffrey R. Brashares said:

The Buick Heritage Alliance will be hosting our annual dinner at BOTH National Meet locations, Friday, July 2, 2021 in Strongsville, Ohio, Friday, July 2; and Charlotte, NC. Friday, July 9.

We will resume both our National Meet Board meetings, for BCA members to attend; as well as our National Award. Details will be placed in the BCA Calendar, when meal details are finalized. 

The dates are confusing if the Charlotte-NC National is a week before the Strongsville-Ohio National Meet.

Yes and Good catch. I erred in my dates and placed them BACKWARDS:

Charlotte is July 2.

Strongsville is July 9.

I apologize to all for the confusion.  JB

• Haha 1

I'd just like to point out that we are exactly one year out from the Concord portion of the national meet and the whether here this year is NOT 104 degrees. It's a rather chilly 89 today and tomorrow with 82% humidity... 15 degrees makes a huge difference, but still bring cookies... 🤪

I Baked Cookies in My Car Today Yes They're Tasty Yes My Car ...

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

called the Host hotel just to check havent open that part of year yet to reservations she didnt even know about it,,,,getting my 73 Buick Regal air conditioning fixed now for next year drive there,,,i remember 2012 hot there

Edited by Buick Regal GS
add (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, 38Buick 80C said:

I'd just like to point out that we are exactly one year out from the Concord portion of the national meet and the whether here this year is NOT 104 degrees. It's a rather chilly 89 today and tomorrow with 82% humidity... 15 degrees makes a huge difference,

Well, ain't that special!  I would still have to drive through 95-105* to get to either meet in July.:(

43 minutes ago, Buick Regal GS said:

called the Host hotel just to check havent open that part of year yet to reservations she didnt even know about it,,,,getting my 73 Buick Regal air conditioning fixed now for next year drive there,,,i remember 2012 hot there

its not a year out for the entire block and last time they were actually a few weeks later than a year out.

this time my hotel team is still furloughed so... we will see.

• Thanks 2

On 7/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, parkertom said:

Just waiting for the cue to call.

Me too...let us know when, Brian.  Also, will there be any sort of caravan from NC to OH?

i only will be attending one of the meets, most likely ohio

2 hours ago, dship said:

Me too...let us know when, Brian.  Also, will there be any sort of caravan from NC to OH?

I have not yet talked to the BDE, so i do not know. I have been contacted by one individual who was considering setting up a "tour" between then locations. He is on the forum and I don't want to speak for him so i wont say anything beyond that we have spoken.

That said i sure hope whether formally organized or informally unorganized (that didn't come out right) we do something between venues for those going to both. I know i would like to join. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

On 7/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, 38Buick 80C said:

That said i sure hope whether formally organized or informally unorganized (that didn't come out right) we do something between venues for those going to both. I know i would like to join. 

Just running this up the flag pole,  wondering if anyone would be interested in driving your Buicks south from Concord about 3.5 hrs Sunday morning and spending the afternoon at  Buick Gardens and the Buick Sales and Service Garage.

https://content.invisioncic.com/r277599/monthly_2019_07/847E474A-4863-464F-ACFA-6F8C9D56CBB5.jpeg.a1318e2b71cd4240d3793ec57f022e6a.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Will show day for the Concord portion of the national meet be at the race track again?

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

Will show day for the Concord portion of the national meet be at the race track again?

At the moment we are to be at zMax Dragway (but we were supposed to be there last time and ended up in the track). This time seems more certain that we will be at zMax.

• Haha 1

I just called the Holiday Inn Strongsville direct. Hit zero, was on hold 5.5 minutes. Spoke to a man at the Front Desk. After inquiring about when I could make a reservation for the Buick Club of America meet taking place next year, giving him the dates, he stated the Buick Club would have to speak to their Sales Dept at the Hotel to get that rolling. HUH? Do we have someone on the National Meet Committee that can look into this and straighten them out and help our members to get this started? I'm sure there are a LOT of members waiting to make reservations. Thanks!

4 hours ago, shart said:

I just called the Holiday Inn Strongsville direct. Hit zero, was on hold 5.5 minutes. Spoke to a man at the Front Desk. After inquiring about when I could make a reservation for the Buick Club of America meet taking place next year, giving him the dates, he stated the Buick Club would have to speak to their Sales Dept at the Hotel to get that rolling. HUH? Do we have someone on the National Meet Committee that can look into this and straighten them out and help our members to get this started? I'm sure there are a LOT of members waiting to make reservations. Thanks!

Patience

We are putting the finishing touches on the registration form, hopefully this weekend. And then it, along with hotel info will be sent out to all BCA email addresses on file and posted on here. Not much longer.

PS I got my '38 home I'll PM you on that shortly.