2021 BCA National Meet/s- Concord, North Carolina June 30-July 3; Strongsville Ohio , July 7-10 CANCELLED

2 hours ago, dship said:

Me too...let us know when, Brian.  Also, will there be any sort of caravan from NC to OH?

I have not yet talked to the BDE, so i do not know. I have been contacted by one individual who was considering setting up a "tour" between then locations. He is on the forum and I don't want to speak for him so i wont say anything beyond that we have spoken.

That said i sure hope whether formally organized or informally unorganized (that didn't come out right) we do something between venues for those going to both. I know i would like to join. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, 38Buick 80C said:

That said i sure hope whether formally organized or informally unorganized (that didn't come out right) we do something between venues for those going to both. I know i would like to join. 

Update 11.10.2020 : Considering the lack of interest shown and more importantly the fact this would be happening in one of the hottest weeks of summer here at Buick Gardens I'm cancelling plans of doing this at this time. 

Just running this up the flag pole,  wondering if anyone would be interested in driving your Buicks south from Concord about 3.5 hrs Sunday morning and spending the afternoon at  Buick Gardens and the Buick Sales and Service Garage.

https://content.invisioncic.com/r277599/monthly_2019_07/847E474A-4863-464F-ACFA-6F8C9D56CBB5.jpeg.a1318e2b71cd4240d3793ec57f022e6a.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

Will show day for the Concord portion of the national meet be at the race track again?

At the moment we are to be at zMax Dragway (but we were supposed to be there last time and ended up in the track). This time seems more certain that we will be at zMax.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just called the Holiday Inn Strongsville direct. Hit zero, was on hold 5.5 minutes. Spoke to a man at the Front Desk. After inquiring about when I could make a reservation for the Buick Club of America meet taking place next year, giving him the dates, he stated the Buick Club would have to speak to their Sales Dept at the Hotel to get that rolling. HUH? Do we have someone on the National Meet Committee that can look into this and straighten them out and help our members to get this started? I'm sure there are a LOT of members waiting to make reservations. Thanks!

4 hours ago, shart said:

I just called the Holiday Inn Strongsville direct. Hit zero, was on hold 5.5 minutes. Spoke to a man at the Front Desk. After inquiring about when I could make a reservation for the Buick Club of America meet taking place next year, giving him the dates, he stated the Buick Club would have to speak to their Sales Dept at the Hotel to get that rolling. HUH? Do we have someone on the National Meet Committee that can look into this and straighten them out and help our members to get this started? I'm sure there are a LOT of members waiting to make reservations. Thanks!

Patience

We are putting the finishing touches on the registration form, hopefully this weekend. And then it, along with hotel info will be sent out to all BCA email addresses on file and posted on here. Not much longer.

PS I got my '38 home I'll PM you on that shortly.

This was sent to all BCA email addresses on file just a few moments ago.

2021 Dual Meets

S.gif

935154f1-e1f1-4326-9ed4-fec0eb4f3b80.png

S.gif

S.gif

To All Buick Club of America Members,

The National Meet Committee, North East Ohio and Carolina Chapters appreciate your patience while we have reorganized and structured the 2021 Dual Super Meet and 50th National Meet Celebration. Since the COVID19 virus caused us to change course and combine the 2020 and 2021 meets we have worked diligently towards a “Once in a Lifetime” event for our membership.  

We are pleased to announce that both host hotels are now accepting reservations. Below is pertinent information for you to make your meet reservations. 

2021 Dual Meet Dates

Concord NC Meet: June 30th- July 3rd

Strongsville OH Meet: July 7th – July 10th 

Host Hotels   

Embassy Suites Charlotte /Concord 

5400 John Q. Hammons Dr NW, 

Concord, NC 28027 

704-455-8200

Room Rate $149 (incl. breakfast and 2 drinks per person) 

Code: BCA

Holiday Inn Strongsville

15471 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, OH 44136

Room Rate $109 

(440) 238-8800 

Code: Buick Club of America or BCA

Prior to August 1, 2020 members will need to ask to be transferred to "sales" in order to make reservations. After August 1 online and general reservations will be able to see the block.

We are finalizing the registration form and will sent out via a separate email in early August. The form will be in the September Bugle We are working on online registration available but do not have a time line for that currently 

Should you have questions please feel free to reach out to:

Dual Meet Chair

Brian DePouli

(Email and phone removed for the forum, just PM me)

We look forward to seeing everyone next year for a very unique event.

Pat Wojahn, BCA National Meet Committee Chair

Marck Barker, Concord Meet Chair

Heather Banhidy, Strongsville Meet Chair

Brian DePouli, Dual Meet Chair

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, parkertom said:

Thank you. Just called and booked my room for Concord. Plan is to bring the 72 Electra.

7/21/2020...I've tried every phone number available for the Embassy Suites and have yet to obtain a reservation.  Reps keep telling me the hotel is either unavailable or all booked.  Also, the sales desk at the Holiday Inn Strongsville continues to go unanswered.

Tom, How were you successful in booking a room? 

I called the number above, 704-455-8200. I had to work through a couple prompts for reservations and was able to reserve with the person that answered. She located the BCA rate and everything. Received an email confirmation right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I know the Holiday Inn is working to get things sorted quickly. Lindsey has been returning calls from what I understand.

Embassy seems to be smoother but a few hiccups. Here is a link for Embassy that might would also work for those choosing to simply work online

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/es/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=CLTCCES&groupCode=CESBCA&arrival=20210630&departure=20210704&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT

Please let me know if I need to step in and help with either hotel. I'm sure there is some pent up demand hitting them all at once so they may not have been quite ready for the Buick wave that hit them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks, Brian.  Was able to book my room for Concord, NC....you're awesome!

Have a message into the Holiday Inn, just awaiting a call-back.

Update 7/22:  Holiday Inn Strongsville called me back and I was able to make my reservation easy/peesy...very pleasant individual from their Sales Office.

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I have tried to make reservations earlier, at the Embassy in NC., but the gent said the block of rooms is completely booked up. Is this correct?

After going through about three people, I finally got to leave Lindsey a message. They first told me that they are not yet accepting reservations for next July, but will be in a few more weeks. This gent had a great deal of trouble believing me when I told him people have told me they've already made reservations for July 2021. He thought I was either not telling the truth, or mixed up.

Is there still space at Strongsville, and if the NC hotel is fully booked, what are the overflow hotels?

Thanks.

Keith

53 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

Well, I have tried to make reservations earlier, at the Embassy in NC., but the gent said the block of rooms is completely booked up. Is this correct?

Keith

Apparently not true.  Just made a reservation there a few minutes ago.  

• Like 1

Ok, weirder and weirder it gets. I used the link provided and was able to make an online reservation tonight.

So what was with the fellow I spoke with earlier? I gave him dates, the BCA info, etc.

At least I have them for the North Carolina show now. Then I will need to figure out if I can actually make it there!

Keith

• Like 2

August 2 update

The meet website is live and can be found at

http://2021.buickclub.org/

Also on the website you can find a PDF copy of the registration form under the registration tab. A hard copy will be on the Sept. Bugle.

More updates are forth coming including featured years/models and discussions are on going, though no one has officially claimed ownership, for a tour between the two meets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

@38Buick 80C any RV parks within 30 minute drive of either Concord or Strongville you might recommend. Not really interested in the one at the raceway. 

The Speedway place is my buddy.. an active AACA member. Aside from that no I don't know of any but I'm sure there are, I will start investigating.  You can park Southern Bell and the air stream in my cul-de-sac if you want... 3 miles away.

As seen in the email blast today...

The BCA National 2021 Dual Meets are excited to announce we will feature cars for each meet. In Concord, June 30- July 3rd, we will feature all years of the Buick Reatta in celebration of 30 years since production ended in 1991. Our goal is to have at least 91 1988-1991 Reatta's in attendance along with as many Reatta related vendors in attendance as possible. We'd like this meet to be the largest gathering of Reatta's ever seen. At Strongsville, July 7- 10th, we will celebrate the 80th Anniversary of the 1941 Buick with a goal of having one of each 1941 Model in attendance at the Strongsville portion of the meet. With the prevalence of this model year in the club our goal is to have over 41 1941's in attendance along with 1941 parts vendors. For both the 1941's and the Reatta's, we want show cars, drivers, unrestored, modifieds… all cars are welcome and we have display only options for those who are not interested in judging, so please join us to make these events huge. Finally if you or your car attended the very first National Meet in 1971 at Flint we want to hear from you. Please contact at us at brian.depouli@att.net or 704-905-4989 (no later than 9PM Eastern) for more information about any of the above and visit 2021.buickclub.org for general meet information. See you soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

So Brian or anybody, any idea of the planned operation of the zMax Dragway for next year. Do they have Test and Tune runs available for private parties on any certain days of the week/month. Not suggesting BCA get involved or anythin, jus askin for a friend.

i know of nothing yet, but I have been inquiring. Now that NASCAR and IndyCar have set their schedules (I assume NHRA too but i honesty don't know) I'm sure the Speedway is confirming the remainder of its events calendar including us. To my knowledge they havent done the test and tun thing in quite some time but i;m sure in 2021 they will be looking for revenue lost in 2020 so...

• Thanks 1

I can say for certainty the Carolina Chapter is NOT renting the the drag strip itself and/or organizing any racing. Our team (Marck and me) have no understanding of what is needed and don't have the man power to take focus off the rest of the event. if another division or chapter or even a whole other club like the GS Club wants to run and do it all we will make an intro to the Speedway so they can find out how many arms, legs and first born children are required to rent the strip and have the required safety personnel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

To my knowledge they havent done the test and tun thing in quite some time but i;m sure in 2021 they will be looking for revenue lost in 2020 so...

Like I said, wasn't suggesting the BCA be affiliated with it in any way. I was just thinking that what with the awesome zMax 4 lane dragway being right there what an opportunity it would be for some of the Performance Division or clubs you mentioned to maybe run one day, possibly in a test and tune, tha's all.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 5:19 PM, 38Buick 80C said:

As one of the meet Co-Chairs I'm very excited to make this BCA Dual Super Meet and 50th National Meet Celebration a unique event for all to remember. Can't wait to share details as we get them locked in. It's going to be great!!

Brian,

I’m writing this after reading the most-recent published Teleconference BOD Meeting Minutes of 09.16.20, posted on 10.25.20. None of the following were addressed nor published in recent BUGLES.

As a co-chair of the scheduled duo-2021 BCA National Meets, would you be willing to share and comment on the following? If not, who would you suggest would be willing to come on-board and address the General Membership?

-  Whether a backup “Plan B” for the duo-2021 BCA Nationals exists yet, whether or not the feds extend limiting sizable group-gatherings or hotels continue to keep their banquet facilities shut down;

-  The dates, hopefully stated as part of the contracts, that the hotels will notify the BCA whether it’s a go or no-go;

-  The date that the BOD will notify the General Membership whether the Meets are on or off. 

Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

“500 Miles West of Flint”

• 2 months later...

I have many of the same concerns as Al mentioned above, complicated by living in Canada and whether or not the border will be open to tourist traffic come end of June. I have made hotel reservations some time ago, but am holding off on actually registering for the events.

The other troubling thing is the way the rules change almost overnight about what one can and cannot do. Unfortunately so much of this beyond our control, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 3