Model 25 accelerator pedal assembly

pvmweston@gmail.com

There has been much progress.  It now starts on the dynastart (although the foot switch is broken, another problem - so I'm using jump leads)  but I'm struggling to work out how to fabricate an accelerator pedal linkage.  My copy of the parts list is a bit faint, and its not possible to work out how it was done originally.  It would appear the pedal was rotates about a casting on the underside of the floor, but I can't see how to get from there to the lever on the cross shaft as the adv/retard and hand throttle linkages get in the way.  Can anyone provide me with a couple of close-up photos of the arrangement of the accelerator pedal linkages and how they are configured?  A clost-up of the pedals themselves would also give me an idea where it is located on the floor panel relative to the other pedals.

If I can sort this I've almost got to the point of a test drive down the road outside - though I will get all the neighbors to remove their cars from the projected path of the test first, just in case. 

Edited by pvmweston@gmail.com (see edit history)

Paul, sorry it took me so long to answer. Are you missing the accelerator parts or just want to know how they are assembled?  I have the linkage that goes on the bellhousing but sold the accelerator pedal previously.

Howard Dennis

Page 82.jpg

Page 83.jpg

• 1 year later...

AndyCa57,

You need to tell us what year switch you are looking for as there are different switches used over the model 25's production run.  Have any pictures?  Is your switch missing completely or just damaged?  I've rebuilt some awful looking originals and have a few left over parts.

Howard Dennis