Sign in to follow this  
roadmaster29

100 days at sea no end in sight

I mentioned my daughter Sarah on the USS San Jacinto. They passed a milestone on April 27 of 100 days a sea without touching land. No port calls because of Covid-19. No end in sight now maybe June or July. She's still smiling and has some of the care packages left I sent.

FB_IMG_1588897131499.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Red chevrons, she has been working every one of those 100 days. Nice hull class to be "trapped" on anyway. We did 56 days during the Pueblo incident. Congratulations.

Photo somewhat hard to depict but Petty Officer 1st class?

I feel like being 'at sea' here on land!   And I'll bet others do as well!!

No car shows, ball games; be it professional or watching grandkids play Little League, movies, nights out watching local bands play, et al.

Craig

• Thanks 1

I figure the only reason you haven't seen mass revolt yet is they started off by quickly giving most people a bunch of money to try and keep them civil.  When the money stops,  then things won't go so well. Since alot of stuff is closed in most places,  the money is going a little further as there is not alot to spend it on like before.

They just past the 120 mark. My daughter crossed the equator so is now officially a shellback 

• Like 1

Yes shipping she is a Petty officer 1st class. She was moved into that as soon as she could be. Lots of determination and willingness to do a little extra there

• Like 3

8 hours ago, roadmaster29 said:

Yes shipping she is a Petty officer 1st class. She was moved into that as soon as she could be. Lots of determination and willingness to do a little extra there

Good to hear it, glad for her.  Dad was career Navy, 30 years 1936-1966, retired Sr Chief Gunners Mate, was also a DI..."yes Chief, no Chief, no excuse Chief"!!

• Like 1

She talks about her chief a lot. Respects him and the way he treats her. 

• Like 1