SMS Auto Fabric Sale Extended to May 15

Dan O

I agree that it is a great opportunity. The email came to me as well. I had recently requested a sample of the blue and silver cloth material for the seating surface of my '60 Electra. Mine is threadbare on the corner where I slide in. I thought I would just have the seat bottom done, maybe 2 yards. The color of the sample was so bright and rich it showed how faded my original was.... front and rear. Now I think I need to do both seats, the blue vinyl, fresh stuffing, and what I imagined a used car lot repair turns into a big project. I think I will stop by the upholstery shop today and get some adult supervision. Might as well get 8 yards.

Maybe I need to get down to one car.

People have been asking "Wow is that the original interior?" for just about 20 years. Must have worn it out.

Bernie

Just sent them an email inquiring about my 1958 Limited. Glad to hear they can he helpful with the yardage required. Waiting to see what the cost is going to be then convert Canadian to US...

Should be interesting.

IMG_5935.thumb.JPG.10d62ce8c72cb591954d2106cea2ed9a.JPG

Earlier today the sun was shining and I had hopes of it warming into the high 40's. No car out today, 3 PM, 35 degrees and light snow.

I have worked on cars with their upholstery and some of their embossing. I even sold him some upholstery books about 10 years ago. I was looking for the advice to talk me out of it, they aren't going to do that. If I get $3,000 tied up in materials and never pull the trigger on the labor.... well. You know, I have actually walked into garages where all kinds of new parts were on the shelves that never got put on the cars. Can you imagine that happening?

Bernie

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 2:57 PM, 60FlatTop said:

Earlier today the sun was shining and I had hopes of it warming into the high 40's. No car out today, 3 PM, 35 degrees and light snow.

Yes, parts of northern Penna. were even colder.

But don't worry, these figures are very unusually cold,

and warm weather isn't far away.

I must be on SMS's e-mail list, because I got a 

notice about their sale.