1965 Riviera wiper switch

Nail

Look on Ebay. There are always various NOS and used Buick switches for sale. There are several there now.

You need someone to give you the correct switch part number to be sure to buy the correct one.

Or contact Gene, our resident First Gen parts supplier: abandg e-mail abandg@aol.com

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you're now the owner of a Riviera, I'd suggest that you join the ROA - Riviera Owners Assn.  The ROA publishes a bi-monthly magazine. The classified section alone is worth the price of membership.  Used parts and vendors.  Very few reproduction parts for these cars, you need to know who these parts vendors are - Gene, Steve, "Riviera"Bob, Dan, Larry, and a couple of others that don't come to mind right now.  Check my signature for a link to the ROA. Tell Ray "Ed sent me." 😎

PS: It helps to let readers know where you live.

2 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Are you sure the switch is bad? Generally speaking they don't usually go bad.....usually a wiper motor problem.

I agree. Probably not the switch on the dash inside the car.

There is a switch built inside the wiper motor that fails more often than the switch inside the car.

The switch provides grounds to the wiper motor. You can test switch function with a meter.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:40 AM, NC1968Riviera said:

Look on Ebay. There are always various NOS and used Buick switches for sale. There are several there now.

You need someone to give you the correct switch part number to be sure to buy the correct one.

Or contact Gene, our resident First Gen parts supplier: abandg e-mail abandg@aol.com

Ill check it out

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Seafoam65 said:

Are you sure the switch is bad? Generally speaking they don't usually go bad.....usually a wiper motor problem.

Yes, I was removing the dash and the switch came apart when I disconnected it.