Need help identifying

This is Dale in Montana I have an old Dodge w a TT ford rear end, I need help w the yr. and roadster or touring I believe it’s been a farm tractor in its sec. life.  But I couldn’t stand see them to take it to recycle. Any help is appreciated thanks.  620 332 4932 / dale.tharp@gmail.com 

The Doge motor numbers were higher than the car serial numbers. The car serial numbers  ended in 1924 @  A-130,000 and the 1925 ended @ A-370,000.  My guess i early 1925 Dodge. 

Dale, As was mentioned the engine numbers were roughly 50,000 higher than the car chassis number which would make the chassis number around A-120,000 ish. Unfortunately that chassis number will be partially obscured by the ONLY remaining fender. That number will be stamped on the side of the frame up under that fender near or above the rear spring shackle and will be prefixed by the 'A-"

Judging by the steep angle of the  toe board I would suggest this chassis was a roadster in a previous life. Are there any numbers stamped on the engine side of the firewall? Normally these body numbers would be irrelevant in identifying vintage but in this case there may be a prefix of either A 'T' or a 'R' before that number which could assist in the body type.

Dale, Additionally I am curious why there would be two transmissions back top back. Obviously this was intended as a tractor designed for torque not speed. I suspect in granny low on both trannies you could walk along beside it at a slow pace without much effort!

• 4 weeks later...

Roger, you think low-low is slow, try reverse-reverse!  Think about it. That makes you go forward extremely low geared. Knew a machinist that had a flathead Ford V/8 rig that had 2 trannys. R-R was really crawling. It would also have 3 speeds in reverse with one in reverse and the other in forward.