Misc humor and interesting videos

Thanks for the video's the episode with the 3 Stooges is explained below.

Sadly, by 1946, Curly’s health had deteriorated greatly and he suffered a stroke while filming the short Half-Wits Holiday.

Moe asked Shemp to rejoin the group while Curly recovered. It turned out to be a permanent change. Curly never regained his former strength and animated personality. Half-Wits Holiday was not his final appearance in a Stooge film, however.

Curly made a small cameo in the 1947 short Hold That Lion!

He played a sleeping passenger on a train who the Stooges mistook for someone else. Curly, with a full head of hair, barked and snored doing his signature, “Whoop, whoop, whoop.” The scene was recycled in the 1953 short Booty and the Beast. It's a memorable last appearance by many people's favorite Stooge.

Curly filmed another cameo as a chef in the short Malice in the Palace — but the footage was cut from the final film. He passed away in 1952.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToqtoaRE114

Pretty common in developing countries, less common in the USA now but once was done anywhere a ship could be hauled up onto a beach.   Several of my old ships have met this fate.

Profits to be made are dependent on scrap market.

It takes surprisingly little to move a floating object. 

10 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Front end loader pushes huge ship out to sea. Is this even possible?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9gtQt_1593972824

On 7/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, Jim Bollman said:

Need video Steam powered Lombard Log Hauler

That is one of the most ridiculous, cantankerous impractical machines I've ever seen.  I love it!!

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

Actually it was quite functional in the day as it probably hauled a number of sleighs if equipped with skis in the winter.  I would bet like 10 or more.  That would require alot of teams of horses on an icy surface.  This took the risk out of the horses getting run over by the sled.

What's even better is it's still operational. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

I don't think the limiting factor on the Lombard log hauler was how many sleds of logs it could haul.

It probably was how many sleds it could stop on a downgrade. If you look closely you'll see the lad in the front is steering the hauler.  He would be the first to arrive at the scene of any accident. I suspect he was VERY aware of the tons of logs behind him.  😁

Tales of using Lombards in the woods were still current in the 1950s.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, Pilgrim65 said:

Your lucky guys Uk has roundabouts everywhere drives you nuts ,big ones have traffic lights to enter and sometimes 2 or 3 sets when circulating and another set to exit onto your route , madness .

Poorly designed, too.  Here in Atlanta they placed a stop-signed intersection about 50 feet off one of the roundabout exits.  Now the roundabout gets backlogged.

This was published in "Housekeeping Monthly" magazine in 1955 and is sure to upset most women (and a few guys too) with advice like "His topics of conversation are more important than yours" and "Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night." :D

To enlarge this just hold down the Command key and tap the plus sign "+" 2-3 times so it will be easier to read. 

970D8D8A-0EB3-44D6-AE9E-789774541CEC_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Rodney Dangerfield:  

when I get drunk I gotta do two things.  I gotta locate my car, and I gotta return the car I took!

my wife likes to do it in the back seat, she wants me to drive!!

you know why the call a car, “she’s a beauty” never, “he’s a beauty”.  Because cars and women are very much the same....how many times on a cold morning when you really need it, it won’t turn over...