REO sunvisor hinge parts

Coley

I am reproducing the sun visor hinge sets for the REO sedans.  What I need to know is if any other car used this bracket.  The main thing that is hard to find is the small strong spring that keeps tension on the visor arm to hold it in position.  I am making all the other parts shown in the following picture.

MVC-014S.JPG

I am currently doing the same for my Royale.  The bracket is different but the internal parts are the same as you show.   I have not gone looking for a spring as yet but I was told about Lee Spring.  I was going to see if they have such a thing.  My other option was to get the correct gauge wire and turn them myself on the lathe. Dave

I too, thought about trying to make the springs, but they are so darn strong and small that I gave it up for now

Casting the bases has been a challenge, but they are coming out nice.  I cast the 3/8 cross hole for the arms and the 7/16' threaded hole for the spring, copper part and the screw.  The brass arms are being cast by a foundry that I use.  I tried a die-mold spring co and they had a setup cost of $600.00 to make some up.  They had nothing less than 1" long.  If you find a supplier, please let me know.

Greg