MORE CANCELLATIONS!! UPDATED 5/13

CHARLOTTE, NC IN JUNE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.  THEY HOPE TO HOLD THE AUTOFAIR IN OCTOBER BUT THERE WILL NOT BE AN AACA SHOW THERE AT THAT TIME.

From Hornet's Nest:

“The Hornets Nest Region has canceled the 2020 Charlotte AACA Nationals because of the North Carolina Governor’s stay at home regulations which do not allow crowds to gather.  The AACA Nationals is planned to return again in April 2021.  Refunds will be made to registered car owners and judges when the Hornets Nest Region Office reopens in June 2020.”

BECKLEY, WV HAS BEEN CANCELLED.  ORGANIZERS ARE LOOKING AT FUTURE OPTIONS BUT NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT NOW.

CORYDON, INDIANA IS CANCELLED AS OF 5/13 DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE REGION'S CONTROL.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE REGIONS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF AACA AND THE WORK YOU PUT INTO THESE EVENTS.  THANK YOU MEMBERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THESE EVENTS.  SAD FOR ALL OF US BUT STAY SAFE AND HOPEFULLY THERE WILL ACTUALLY BE AN EVENT IN OUR NEAR FUTURE.

AT THIS TIME  ALLENTOWN AND HERSHEY ARE STILL ON THE SCHEDULE.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

CHARLOTTE, NC IN JUNE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.  THEY HOPE TO HOLD THE AUTOFAIR IN OCTOBER BUT THERE WILL NOT BE AN AACA SHOW THERE AT THAT TIME.

From Hornet's Nest:

“The Hornets Nest Region has canceled the 2020 Charlotte AACA Nationals because of the North Carolina Governor’s stay at home regulations which do not allow crowds to gather.  The AACA Nationals is planned to return again in April 2021.  Refunds will be made to registered car owners and judges when the Hornets Nest Region Office reopens in June 2020.”

BECKLEY, WV HAS BEEN CANCELLED.  ORGANIZERS ARE LOOKING AT FUTURE OPTIONS BUT NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT NOW.

THANK YOU TO BOTH REGIONS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF AACA AND THE WORK YOU PUT INTO THESE EVENTS.  THANK YOU MEMBERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THESE EVENTS.  SAD FOR ALL OF US BUT STAY SAFE AND HOPEFULLY THERE WILL ACTUALLY BE AN EVENT IN OUR NEAR FUTURE.

AT THIS TIME  ALLENTOWN, CORYDON, HERSHEY ARE STILL ON THE SCHEDULE.

This means there is no other AACA show still scheduled before Allentown so I will be unable to get my senior so Allentown would be out for me unfortunately. I was holding out hope beckley would still be held. Now to cancel my hotel reservations for that show.

Guest Mark McAlpine
17 hours ago, chistech said:

This means there is no other AACA show still scheduled before Allentown so I will be unable to get my senior so Allentown would be out for me unfortunately. I was holding out hope beckley would still be held. Now to cancel my hotel reservations for that show.

Hello Chistech.  I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to try for your vehicle's Grand National First Prize Award in Allentown.  I can empathize with how disappointed you must be, as I'm sure are a lot of other members in the same situation.  Hang in there.  Our club and country will get back to some semblance of "normal" at some point.

45 minutes ago, ted sweet said:

now i see indiana is also cancelled

I looked up the meet you mentioned, and that would be

the Southeastern Fall National Meet, scheduled for

August 20-22 in Corydon, Indiana.  An AUGUST cancellation,

when states are starting to open up and people are

regaining their freedom of movement?

Any insights the national office, or the organizers, 

can share would be appreciated.  We all look forward to

getting back to normal.

Yes, John an August cancellation just like numerous other events around the country like Pebble and even events into September like Radnor.  There are many things that go into having an event that are out of the control of our regions and chapters during this pandemic.  In the case of Corydon there were other issues that came into play from availability of facilities, financial issues and concern for the health of the region members.  The region listened and came to the conclusion that the event could not go on as planned.

While AACA would like to lead getting us back to some type of normalcy it must balance all the factors in putting on an event with our population.  Very careful and thoughtful discussion has taken place by the club as we try to find ways to allow the rest of the year schedule to happen.  It is no simple matter when you are trying to "do what the club does" yet ensure you are providing the membership with a safe experience at the same time.

• Like 4

To expand on a few of Steve's comments. Most shows have sponsors, and the reason for many cancilations is the lead time sponsors must send checks, and make up the publications, banners, t shirts, ext. No corporate devision wants the car show sponsered by XYZ Company to be on national news as the epicenter of round two.............I have hope for Hilton Head as the first big event post shutdown. It's November. Even then, the lead time may make the show impossible from a financial standpoint.....regardless of the pandemic/virus. I think by mid July we will know if there will be ANY shows this year. Im going to start doing cruise nights as soon as they open........not that they interest me, but I just can't get along without my car world moving forward. I'll be the only pre war guy at them........but its better than nothing. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

Here are the remaining AACA national activities for 2020 (as of 5 June 2020):

- Eastern Divisional Tour in the Eastern Shore of Maryland (13-16 August)

- Grand Nationals in Allentown, PA (21-22 August) - Updated 11 June 2020

- Glidden Tour in Saratoga Springs, NY (13-18 September)

- Eastern Fall Nationals (show only--no swap meet) in Hershey, PA (10 October)

- Central Divisional Tour in Broken Arrow, OK (19-23 October) 

Obviously, each of these activities is dependent upon the conditions and state & local restrictions in place at the time and subject to change.  Please check the AACA Forum and the National Activities Calendar on the AACA website for updates.

Be safe and stay healthy!  

Edited by Mark McAlpine
Updated dates for rescheduled 2020 Grand Nationals (see edit history)

Guest Mark McAlpine

Here's the latest update, current as of today (Fri, 12 June 2020), for the remaining AACA national activities in 2020.  Sadly, the Eastern Divisional Tour has been cancelled, but has applied to reschedule the tour for next year on 2-5 June 2021 (pending AACA Board of Directors approval).  All members registered for the tour have been e-mailed by the Tour Chairperson (Charles Emery) and given the option of carrying over their registration to next year or receiving a full refund.

- Grand Nationals in Allentown, PA (21-22 August) - Updated 11 June 2020

- Glidden Tour (hosted by the VMCCA) in Saratoga Springs, NY (13-18 September)

- Eastern Fall Nationals (show only--no swap meet) in Hershey, PA (10 October)

- Central Divisional Tour in Broken Arrow, OK (19-23 October) 

As stated before, each of the remaining 2020 activities is dependent upon the conditions and state & local restrictions in place at the time and are subject to change.  Please check the online AACA Forum and the National Activities Calendar on the AACA website for updates.

I will post the updated 2021 National Activities calendar after the AACA Board of Directors reviews the calendar at its Board Meeting on 25 June. 2020 has been disappointing for all of us, but we're hoping we can end the year on a positive note with the remaining shows & tours and have a robust (even more so now) schedule to look forward to in 2021.  (We also need to remember that if we're reading the AACA Forum, we're alive and well, something to be very thankful for after everything our country has gone through over the last 4-5 months.)