Just recently purchased this low mileage Chevrolet from a friend of mine. 1969 Bel Air, all original with 13,000 miles. It has the six-cylinder engine with the three-speed on the column. He purchased it from the original owner in 2009 with 9,000 miles on it - the original owner (a retired farmer) is still alive and well at age 92. The vehicle was driven to church on Sundays – no joking! Here are some pictures that my friend share to me, I'll post some more once it's delivered in a few weeks.

Steve

image.png.2f20f0028bbcfdb7bc2e469dc6aecb3c.png

image.png.a15370972f825b294e0bd9bb2d488818.png

image.thumb.png.bbd7d41aa01a446ec18b455075370b5f.png

image.thumb.png.0b84d73418590f142fd5ab23379255f6.png

• Like 15

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Great 50 year old survivor.  Take good care of it.

• Like 1

I hope to see this in HPOF at one of the future AACA Nationals.

• Like 2

I wonder which would have cost more with similar base engine/transmission combination.

A Biscayne with an AM radio? Or a Bel Air as seen with NO radio?

Craig

• Like 1

Congratulations! If you are out driving it and see some weirdo in a red Ford Edge taking pictures, it's probably me. I know you said you don't like shows but if you reconsider the Hyde Park cruise is excellent...when it starts up again, anyway.

• Like 1

Congrats!

Car looks very solid.

I bet less than 10 people have ever been in that back seat.

• Like 1

Some states especially down south will issue a restricted drivers license , daytime use only to old people. This allows them to be independent for a couple more years without them being a hazard on the road.

• Like 2

But restricted vehicle? State helping you say "sorry grandchild, you cannot drive my car on a date!"?😁

Great time capsule. Glad it was stored under cover all those years. Otherwise that trunk floor would have been gone. This is one of those years (65 to?)  the rear window butyl tape will give up from dirt and/or rust and there you go, rust never sleeps. 

I miss driving three on the tree.

Dad bought Biscaynes with out the radio or any other accessory,........  except, with 283 V-8  (1958 and 1966).

• Like 1

Beautiful car!! I love original cars, and I think you're the low mileage car king, Steve!  Just look at that dash!

The vehicle was driven to church on Sundays – no joking! 

I believe  you, but...have looked under the front seat yet? The original owner's family of my low mileage Mercury told me it was only driven to church, but I found a dozen vintage beer bottles and cans under the front seat. Found a vintage bottle opener, too! 😄

Hey, it can happen! A friend with the Orthodox Christian church told me about a church in a nearby city that has a bar operating in it's basement. 😉

But I love that old Chevy! Congrats on the purchase!!

• Like 1

The dog dish hub caps and the blackwalls just make it look right.  I love it...so jealous!  Comgrats

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

But restricted vehicle? State helping you say "sorry grandchild, you cannot drive my car on a date!"?

If it was a Corvette, it would have a 'valet' key.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Steve,

Congratulations on a great find.

I've always appreciated low mileage originals, and have been fortunate to acquire a few:

1958 Bel-air 2-tone Anniversary Gold /Honey Beige - 283/Powerglide - radio delete - +/- 1,100 miles

1962 Rambler Classic "400" OHV "6" and 3-on-the-tree, but with reclining seat-beds - less than 1,000 miles

1937 Buick Roadmaster Phaeton 80C - 7,xxx miles in 2009, but now up to 13,xxx

We still have the Buick

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great find.  I think the only thing I would do is paint the deck lid and polish out the rest of the car.  Way cool find.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

I think the only thing I would do is paint the deck lid and polish out the rest of the car.

By painting the deck lid, would this effect HPOF judging or should it be left alone ?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Does this mean that someday my 80 Volare four door sedan with slant six, automatic, no air conditioning, only power steering and a radio with 30,000 miles on it will be worth something to someone besides me?

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

2 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Does this mean that someday my 80 Volare four door sedan with slant six, automatic, no air conditioning, only power steering and a radio with 30,000 miles on it will be worth something to someone besides me?

Never in my lifetime, and most likely yours!!

Craig

• Thanks 1

Steve, this is one nice Bel Air .This and your Impala make great bookends! What a neat car. John

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new find! Hope you have many happy miles on the road ahead of you! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John S. said:

Steve, this is one nice Bel Air .This and your Impala make great bookends! What a neat car

John, once this virus let's up, I plan on making a trip down to Long Island with the Chevrolet !

Steve

• Like 1