New addition

Just recently purchased this low mileage Chevrolet from a friend of mine. 1969 Bel Air, all original with 13,000 miles. It has the six-cylinder engine with the three-speed on the column. He purchased it from the original owner in 2009 with 9,000 miles on it - the original owner (a retired farmer) is still alive and well at age 92. The vehicle was driven to church on Sundays – no joking! Here are some pictures that my friend share to me, I'll post some more once it's delivered in a few weeks.

Steve

image.png.2f20f0028bbcfdb7bc2e469dc6aecb3c.png

image.png.a15370972f825b294e0bd9bb2d488818.png

image.thumb.png.bbd7d41aa01a446ec18b455075370b5f.png

image.thumb.png.0b84d73418590f142fd5ab23379255f6.png

• Like 14

Congratulations! If you are out driving it and see some weirdo in a red Ford Edge taking pictures, it's probably me. I know you said you don't like shows but if you reconsider the Hyde Park cruise is excellent...when it starts up again, anyway.

• Like 1

But restricted vehicle? State helping you say "sorry grandchild, you cannot drive my car on a date!"?😁

Great time capsule. Glad it was stored under cover all those years. Otherwise that trunk floor would have been gone. This is one of those years (65 to?)  the rear window butyl tape will give up from dirt and/or rust and there you go, rust never sleeps. 

I miss driving three on the tree.

Dad bought Biscaynes with out the radio or any other accessory,........  except, with 283 V-8  (1958 and 1966).

• Like 1

Beautiful car!! I love original cars, and I think you're the low mileage car king, Steve!  Just look at that dash!

The vehicle was driven to church on Sundays – no joking! 

I believe  you, but...have looked under the front seat yet? The original owner's family of my low mileage Mercury told me it was only driven to church, but I found a dozen vintage beer bottles and cans under the front seat. Found a vintage bottle opener, too! 😄

Hey, it can happen! A friend with the Orthodox Christian church told me about a church in a nearby city that has a bar operating in it's basement. 😉

But I love that old Chevy! Congrats on the purchase!!

• Like 1

Steve,

Congratulations on a great find.

I've always appreciated low mileage originals, and have been fortunate to acquire a few:

1958 Bel-air 2-tone Anniversary Gold /Honey Beige - 283/Powerglide - radio delete - +/- 1,100 miles

1962 Rambler Classic "400" OHV "6" and 3-on-the-tree, but with reclining seat-beds - less than 1,000 miles

1937 Buick Roadmaster Phaeton 80C - 7,xxx miles in 2009, but now up to 13,xxx

We still have the Buick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

I think the only thing I would do is paint the deck lid and polish out the rest of the car.

By painting the deck lid, would this effect HPOF judging or should it be left alone ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Does this mean that someday my 80 Volare four door sedan with slant six, automatic, no air conditioning, only power steering and a radio with 30,000 miles on it will be worth something to someone besides me?

Never in my lifetime, and most likely yours!!

Craig

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John S. said:

Steve, this is one nice Bel Air .This and your Impala make great bookends! What a neat car

John, once this virus let's up, I plan on making a trip down to Long Island with the Chevrolet !

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is not any restrictions on the inspection sticker. In NC if he had daylight driving restriction, the small white block would have been punched out. Our inspection stickers use to have the monthly dates down both sides of the sticker and the date it was inspected was punched out. In the mid 70's the state changed over to this example of inspection sticker so law enforcement could better see the date. That is a sweet ride tho...

1 hour ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Parking brake not working?

46 minutes ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

I was not sure at first, but it is..

When I worked Southern Bus Lines every bus had a pair of chocks.  If the driver was out of the bus and the right front wheel was NOT chocked in front and behind he was fired.  Absolutely no exceptions.  All our buses were in first class condition but the boss felt anything could happen and chocked wheels can't turn no matter what.

Guest Mark McAlpine

Congratulations on your "new" antique car!  I agree with the others--it's a great find and a perfect candidate for HPOF. 

The Chairman of HPOF--Dave Bowman--or his predecessor in the position--Fred Trusty--can answer your question about painting the trunk.

Congrats again!  I look forward to seeing it in person at future AACA Nationals or Tour.  Thanks for sharing the photos with us.