Best all around Coil Pack?

tjenkins

I need help - Attempting to find the solution to my sluggishness at low RPM, I'm going to start with the coil.

I searched this forum but have many coil options (Jacobs, Accel, GM, HEI, NAPA, etc etc).

Does anyone have a low-cost, yet high performance coil pack part number and price?

Thanks.

--Tom

Guest Buick Mike

Wouldn't hurt, but may not be necessary. How many miles are on the ones you have? I've got almost 60K on mine and the car still runs smoothly and gets good gas mileage. I'm thinking I ought to change them just because but, on the other hand, if it ain't broke...

Edit - Your problem is sluggishness so yes, I'd change the plugs and wires.

Ditto on the Jacobs. I replaced my stock coil pack with the Jacobs a few months ago. Fixed my problems immediatly(Hesitation/Misfire under load). It seems to be much more responsive than before. It was also cheaper than the AC Delco. Call Jacobs direct they will give you a number to one of their dealers. I believe mine costs $105 plus $10 shipping?

As to keeping my car all GM, for some things I do, for others I do not care for the GM suppliers. Why should I buy a Motorolla coil just because it has a GM part number onit when the Jacobs is superior.

Would still like to know if anyone has transplanted an "L" coil pack/ESC (three individual oval coils) onto a "C" engine ?

Summit here

I have just replaced the coil pack on my 89 with a Jacobs JAC-321412 Ultra Coil Pack $82.69. This is the single 6 outlet coil "Bricks" as I call them. Some later models may have 3 of the 2 outlet coil packs. JAC-321411 99.99 for the 3. From Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030

<span style="font-style: italic">I guess that there isn't a 0 to 60 for the CAT D9?</span>