SPRING IS HERE

Ran up to Ann Arbor and Milan , first nice top down day suitable for

freeway speed...car did ok.. Wife likes garden stuff...first sunburn of season.

We live just over the border in Sylvania, suburb of Toledo, just down the road

from Whiteford and Ottawa Lake Mi. It is ideal motoring, Michigan Speedway

is nestled up the road in and amongst the beautiful Irish Hills, hone to dozens of

recreational lakes nice drives....

lincoln at Milan Mi Lavender farm.jpg

zeffer at milan may day 20.jpg

milan zeffer.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hey Soul, jump to the starter with 12 volt jumper-- cranks nice and fast ..it will fire up--keep the 12 v on the starter side 

of the solenoid, not the battery side..( i read in old Ford service book) The 6 volts still fires coil etc...

ZEPHYR AT DRIVETHRU.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before I try that, I need to check the load on my battery.  AutoZone said they would check it for free.  I had a maintainer on the battery over the winter but I did not turn the engine over at all.  I wasn’t sure how to start it and my garage is not attached or heated.  When we took it around the block last June, I purchased a carb rebuild from Chris but my friend John wasn’t able to get to it before he passed.  He was spraying starter fluid directly into the carb with the air filter off when we were starting it.  I tried doing that before starting it with no luck which makes me suspect my battery.  I could be wrong.  I am no mechanic!  I try though.  LOL.

If the starter spins the engine, the battery is probably alright. Give it a good 10 second spray of the starting fluid and pull the choke knob out. You will have to push it back in when it starts.

If the gas in the tank is from last June and it has ethanol in it, it is probably no good. If that is the case, pull the spark plugs and clean them with acetone, spray a little starting fluid on each one (not in the cylinder) to clean off the acetone residue. Drain the tank and put in fresh gas. You can add the old gas a couple of gallons at a time to your modern car's tank.

• Thanks 1