current issue of Antique Automobile?

61-63

I just received an issue of Antique Automobile in the mail but it is the March/April issue?  Just now I looked at the online issues and the "current" one that can be viewed by members is the January/February issue.

Obviously the online issue needs to be updated.

When will the May/June issues be mailed.

FYI I renewed my membership late this year so that may be why I received the March/April issue just this week?

Yes, that Model K Ford was beautiful, but the 1903 Cadillac on the March/April cover is a piece of rolling jewelry, what a beautiful car. I would knock down a wall and put the Cadillac in my living room and just look at it.

The next issue May/June will be mailed 5/8-5/11.  It is a fantastic issue.  Online issue will be updated soon.  Yes, if you  renew your membership after we send the file to the printer your magazine will be late.  98% of the time the magazines are shipped directly from the printer not our office and they are done in batches.  Moral of story:   Renew on time!  First renewal goes out  in the Sept/Oct magazine! :)

Something members may want to think about.  Most magazines use the subscription money to pay for the acquisition of new subs and renewals of existing subs. If you renew on the first offer it saves a lot of association cost. This in turn helps to keep your membership fee low and we all want that.  On most magazines the subscription cost barely covers these expenses. Advertising usually covers the cost of production, printing and mailing of an issue. The other cost such as the staff to answer the phones when we can't figure out how to access something on line and other association benefits also come out of the advertising revenue and or other things the association does.  This association has a great loyal membership and it is amazing to someone like myself, that deals with a large number of publications for a living, how high the renewal percentage is but equally baffeling is why so many members wait so long to renew.  This is with out a doubt the best association and forum around for the antique car hobby, we all seem to love it so come September renew your subscription with the first notice.  It is only going to help keep providing you with a great product in times when I am sure it is getting harder for the AACA to keep getting advertising dollars. Just my 2 cents worth.

dave s 

Steve, as a Life Member what is the best way to contribute that supports the magazine and forums  I have received more than I paid since Al Edmond twisted my are to become a life member years ago.  Bob Smits

Bob, you brought back one of my favorite names.  Al was pretty special.  He took me under his wing early on when I was showing fresh restorations in AACA.  I so enjoyed talkng the hobby with him and Maureen was such a nice woman.  Shame how such a strong man had his life taken over by medical issues.  

AACA, especially now, can use all the support it can get.  You can always send a donation here and earmark it for donation to forums or IT support.  We are now being forced to spend another huge bundle on upgrading our infrastructure.  Amazing how fast technology makes servers obsolete. 

16 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

I have received more than I paid since Al Edmond twisted my arm to become a life member years ago.  Bob Smits

Indeed - great memories, especially when he helped organize the first "dual meet" when an AGN almost got cancelled because of flooding.   I'll never forget him at that board meeting where the idea was approved - he was adamant that the only way it would work was if every one of the directors was there helping to work.  Had a great morning helping to park cars with Janet Ricketts.  I've had the pleasure of working with some great people over the years and Al was certainly one of them.

Terry