Testing your engine identification skills.

Ovalrace25

Helping clean up and organize my neighbors goodies. Unfortunately he passed away in 1999 and everything sat until recently when a decision was finally made to clean the place up. I was going to have a swap meet barn sale whatever you call it, but with this pandemic we're dealing with, I'm not sure when we'll be able to do that. So I thought I'd share some pictures with you just for fun. Here they go if I can get them to attach! I'm doing this from my phone instead of with my PC in my office. Here goes let's see what I can do. Well it looks like my photo files are too large! So you only get one at a time. Here's the first one.

Just some clarification. In the first photo above, the nearest motor is the model A Ford ('28 to '31). Behind it, likely a Chevrolet four cylinder (mid '20s to '28?). The other engine beyond that I do not recognize.

The second photo (one engine, a flathead four), Is neither a Ford or Chevrolet! I do not recognize it for certain, but someone should. I think it may be a Dodge Brothers. The combination starter/generator looks about right.

Picture 1, agree on Ford A and Chev, the 3rd motor to the right looks to be mopar, it is very similar to the Chrysler 4 cyl from 1927/8, but the rear mounting is different, perhaps earlier as a Maxwell, or later as a 4 cyl plymouth.

Second picture most definitely Dodge.