1960 Cadillac Sedan deVille - Not Mine - New Price 5/1 - Ad Deleted

For Sale on Craigslist:  1960 Cadillac Sedan deVille 4-door hardtop in Monterey Park, California  -  $15,950  -  No phone # provided, reply through Craigslist email:  5d6edab2450c3f79b0c58aa1a606ef3e@sale.craigslist.org

New price effective 5/1:   $16,500

Link:  https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/monterey-park-1960-cadillac-sedan/7115532439.html

Seller's Description:

1960 Cadillac Sedan deVille

Very clean survivor with only 62,685 original miles

image.png.986193b35e367ef1290b9f41329dd736.png

image.png.a326a0b9e56294bc0dd23bada9746e71.png

image.png.f22c0742050c8662229fc05ac779552b.png

image.png.62fa01db0a3b6fd6bd20ed1f1587cce7.png

image.png.5401f99b3907dda769b81b377fe080b1.png

image.png.3973c6b6fc194b46dfc6884c4bf375ba.png

image.png.7ad72ec7bc02748a8b97a7db819d1be8.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price / status (see edit history)
8 hours ago, neil morse said:

This looks like a winner -- but you better have a big garage!

No kidding! A friend of mine has one and he had to build a bump-out extension on his garage to fit it...but on the plus side, he can fit his upright bass and amplifier in the back seat.

1 minute ago, Doug 845 said:

Nice car. I wish it were closer to me. The enclosed transportation cost to the northeast is a deal killer for me.

It's $2000 to get it across the country. Offer him $14K (which he'd be crazy not to take) and you've got it covered. Why make 12% the make-or-break point for not enjoying a car you want?

Too many people sit on the sidelines pretending that shipping is the only thing keeping them from enjoying a cool old car they want. Shipping is the smartest thing you'll ever pay for that's related to an old car. If you truly want the car, an extra few bucks to move it to your driveway shouldn't be the thing that stops you.

Do or do not. There is no wish.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Doug 845 said:

Nice car. I wish it were closer to me. The enclosed transportation cost to the northeast is a deal killer for me.

I agree with Matt Harwood above that transportation

should not keep you from getting a car.  Being in Pennsylvania,

I have bought a car from Texas and from Washington state.

For the former, I had a fellow AACA member examine it for me;

for the latter, I spent a few hundred dollars to fly out and see it

myself.  An excellent transporter charged $1700 from west Texas

and $2400 from Washington. 

Unless you seek a common car, the willingness to travel

brings a much better selection to your door!

15 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

The price just went up.  The new price is $16,500 (up from $15,950) 

image.png.e8cae45d28330d5de23755ca48364bce.png

What's the deal with the prices changing upwards? That happened with the '48 Olds that was posted here last week or so. 

45 minutes ago, Malo48 said:

What's the deal with the prices changing upwards? That happened with the '48 Olds that was posted here last week or so. 

They apparently fixed the headlights?

Seller's remorse starts early sometimes. Or perhaps they saw the comments here and realized it was slightly under-priced. Doesn't change the fact that it's still priced appropriately if it's as nice as claimed. $550 isn't going to break anyone's bank.

• Like 2
On 4/30/2020 at 11:36 PM, neil morse said:

This looks like a winner -- but you better have a big garage!

In fact, from what I can see in the ad, it looks like a lack of garage space may be a big problem with the current owner (and possibly the reason for selling.) I agree that it looks like a winner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, Doug 845 said:

Its cheaper to transport the car to Europe trough the panama canal and the ocean than to the northeast ....strange .

On 4/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Fin-seeker, you have made the "Cars for Sale" category

much more interesting lately.  It had been a bit uneventful,

but your findings keep me checking it frequently now!

John_S_in_Penna, you are so right about Fin-seeker making this forum more interesting. Nice choice of affordable , clean cars. 

• Thanks 1
On 5/1/2020 at 11:41 PM, Doug 845 said:

Wait till you have to ship a car from Grand Rapids to San Francisco, then to Australia! All by enclosed transport.

And as to the other one! Well you just go over and drive it back some 800kms 😀😀😀😀 

If you really want something ......... there are no excuses! But that’s me!

On 5/1/2020 at 7:11 AM, Doug 845 said:

Transport is cheap at this time. Ship the car open. I have had million dollar cars on my truck. Never had a problem. Cars get damaged in closed transport also.

20160121_164846.jpg

1 hour ago, Coach23 said:

So I am assuming it sold ?

I didn't speak to the Seller.  All I know for sure is that the ad was removed, so it most likely is sold. But if you want to know for sure, then you should reach out to him through the Craigslist ad posted above. 

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)