need photos of 145 sedan arm rests in rear seat

sunnybaba

Hi, I am just finishing up the upholstery in my 1930 series 145 4 door sedan,....  new felt window channels, and real leather seats and door panels, replaced a few cracked windows.... now it it is back together, garnish moldings, door and window handles on..... but there were no old arm rests for the rear seat, to use as patterns.... can any of you reply to this, with some photos of the correct sedan arm rests..?  much appreciated ....😊 

I don't have pix of the interior of a 30 sedan, just a Club Sedan. Try looking through the Trek pictures on the Club website. May be some interior shots.

Club member Hank Manwell recently had the interior of his 30 Oxford Sedan redone (Oxford means leather interior in Franklins). He may be able to send you detailed pix during the before and after. 

Also look at,.... some 1931 Series 151 bodies are actually left over Series 14 bodies. Some even still have the 145 Walker body plate on the driver's floor body sill. The arm rests may be the same ? 

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)

I want to thank All of you... for helping me with this......I see the photos.... and they look a lot like the model A armrests sold at Snyders ..... They are are $130 plus shipping for both sides..... I think I will make my own, out of wood, covered in the same padding & leather as the seats..... for about $15....... you understand, I need to cut expenses where ever I can..... living at the Poverty level, income... make one have to improvise... and do the work oneself.... Thanks for showing me the correct shape & location..... You guys are Great..!!

The 31 sedan arm rests I've reupholstered were covered in a  molded rubber over a wooden form. What you used for upholstery padding may not work as well. Maybe try high density foam rubber cut, fit, and glued to the wood form with contact cement ?  Then cover in muslin and tack on the back side to smooth the shape under the leather.

Paul