Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In order to end the hijacking I decided to start a new thread. My Special sedan is maybe a little lower than normal, but it is a solid 60” high. If the hood is up it adds almost another foot.

The pictures below are of my car at 95” to the top of the roof. I didn’t lower the hood, but you would want to if you were dealing with an eight foot ceiling. The stool I am using is a Craftsperson hydraulic with the seat all the way down. I am 5’10” and standing, my eye is at the center of the headlight. Sitting all the way down, my mouth is at the center of the wheel hub. 
I will take more pics later at different heights. 
I got rid of my two post lift when I stopped working on other people’s cars because frankly, my lift was dangerous. I bought it used from a Mazda dealer and even though it had a weight rating of 8k pounds, it would sway in the breeze. I couldn’t PAY somebody to come and haul it away, so I used my sawzall with about $50 worth of blades and cut the thing apart and got $71 cash money from the scrap yard. Woohoo! I scored that day   

 

A690592C-8AF1-422F-B0D6-9CF913B1D149.jpeg

3D289153-9903-4C18-B5EB-19F755F06971.jpeg

64CC87EB-C7E8-495C-A861-49331745EC9C.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

6 minutes ago, buick5563 said:

My hairs don’t even like to stand up under the weight of this length. Where’s my pompadour?

 

kids like you have hair... me, Ben and Willie... hairs...

 

so far I've learned two new words on the forum this week. Let me use them in a sentence. I would have to frumpate my hairs considerably in order to have a pompadour

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

 

 

 

kids like you have hair... me, Ben and Willie... hairs...

 

so far I've learned two new words on the forum this week. Let me use them in a sentence. I would have to frumpate my hairs considerably in order to have a pompadour

 

 

Pompadour is French.

Frumpate is Bernie.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, buick5563 said:

In order to end the hijacking I decided to start a new thread. My Special sedan is maybe a little lower than normal, but it is a solid 60” high. If the hood is up it adds almost another foot.

The pictures below are of my car at 95” to the top of the roof. I didn’t lower the hood, but you would want to if you were dealing with an eight foot ceiling. The stool I am using is a Craftsperson hydraulic with the seat all the way down. I am 5’10” and standing, my eye is at the center of the headlight. Sitting all the way down, my mouth is at the center of the wheel hub. 
I will take more pics later at different heights. 
I got rid of my two post lift when I stopped working on other people’s cars because frankly, my lift was dangerous. I bought it used from a Mazda dealer and even though it had a weight rating of 8k pounds, it would sway in the breeze. I couldn’t PAY somebody to come and haul it away, so I used my sawzall with about $50 worth of blades and cut the thing apart and got $71 cash money from the scrap yard. Woohoo! I scored that day   

 

A690592C-8AF1-422F-B0D6-9CF913B1D149.jpeg

3D289153-9903-4C18-B5EB-19F755F06971.jpeg

64CC87EB-C7E8-495C-A861-49331745EC9C.jpeg

 

Does the 4 post lift have locks that close to the ground?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys look like a line of rabbits taking a step back

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A receding hare line. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20200501_115944870.thumb.jpg.40c8f6f01a9f7325cc2933dd0c9e59ba.jpgWhatever your method of lifting or getting under the car you need protection for your pompadour.  After all we are working on Buicks.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, old-tank said:

IMG_20200501_115944870.thumb.jpg.40c8f6f01a9f7325cc2933dd0c9e59ba.jpgWhatever your method of lifting or getting under the car you need protection for your pompadour.  After all we are working on Buicks.

 

Save the Dapper Dan

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...