Jump to content

WTB Old 16” Tires


Recommended Posts

Looking for some old 16” tires 6.50-7.50  for use on a yard art ‘36 Buick. Black or white walls, doesn’t matter. Will use with tubes.  Also needing a couple of rims,  5 on 5.5" with minimum 3 3/4 " hub hole. 
Let me know what you might have. 
 

BB95934B-A305-4778-8E37-18CE81931833.thumb.jpeg.c0b071d6528b200e1fc5971193368061.jpeg

 

583F29C5-4E09-485B-A45D-FE2E261CEE72.thumb.jpeg.2155c6db77bac04aeeab72b6fcdaf737.jpeg

 

956B60DD-340B-4308-BD29-1320D53D1627.thumb.jpeg.b8097be7046663f43a66dc1ee791d5a3.jpeg

 

FD20FE59-BB0E-43AA-AC3B-708110FC505B.thumb.jpeg.6a1cf7cb51c4b454dcba903747d388e5.jpeg
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks George. New Mexico eh? I might could afford the tires and wheels OR I might could afford the shipping, but the tires, wheels and shipping is probably going to be more than I can go.  Am hoping to find some on the east coast, maybe brought to Hershey or  Charlotte. 

Edit) @nwclassic  Shot me an email with what you got though,...   1954buick@gmail.com

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 really old ones here in Central KY.  Maybe from the 40’s.  1 works fine with a tube, one has a hole in the sidewall, and the 3rd looks like it would work fine with a tube.  I have rims too.  You can have them if you want them, but they don’t fit that car.
 

 

 

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some 16" tires from my 37 Cadillac and a wheel or two which are Buick I believe but were in the Cadillac. The wheels are nice painted wheels but I replaced them with LaSalle wheels with the correct center hole. The tires if I recall are probably drive around town OK. Some tubes too.

 

    I am in New Hampshire, not exactly close.   Jim43

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jim43 said:

I have some 16" tires from my 37 Cadillac and a wheel or two which are Buick I believe but were in the Cadillac. The wheels are nice painted wheels but I replaced them with LaSalle wheels with the correct center hole. The tires if I recall are probably drive around town OK. Some tubes too.

 

    I am in New Hampshire, not exactly close.   Jim43

 

10 hours ago, Carolina Chevrolet said:

I have some 16" tires, might be able to get them to Charlotte. 


guys, tried to private message you but got this ridiculous message. Please email me at 1954buick@gmail.com 

 

DADBE6AB-AF56-40A4-BD06-288956E85FC5.thumb.jpeg.42af0032103592779edbf22f85e611fc.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yard art inner tube tire has hole in its side?? Put a boot in it (make your own if have none) paint whatever shows black if wrong color shows....we drove on tires with holes in sides, altho sometimes had to go to reliners or tire-in-tire (hard to do without being bumpy)..

Doesn't everyone have a few old tire boots in the basement??..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, calcoupe said:

I have 8 - 600x16 Coker Classics with some tread left. 

These are giveaways. Pick them up or pay shipping from New Jersey, 07830 

Calccoupe

If you'v got eight and Lamar only needs four, I've got a buddy in VT that could use two.  Would you be willing to ship UPS, I'll pay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, Bud Tierney said:

Yard art inner tube tire has hole in its side?? Put a boot in it (make your own if have none) paint whatever shows black if wrong color shows....we drove on tires with holes in sides, altho sometimes had to go to reliners or tire-in-tire (hard to do without being bumpy)..

Doesn't everyone have a few old tire boots in the basement??..

Make your own boot.  Take some aluminum and pop rivet over the hole and paint black.  Might even start a trend.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, kgreen said:

If you'v got eight and Lamar only needs four, I've got a buddy in VT that could use two.  Would you be willing to ship UPS, I'll pay.

I think I can ship. Don't know about the details with the restrictions because of Carona20. 

These are Coker Classics, whitewall with Ford Insignia molded in sidewall. They are probably 25% left on tread depth.

I will give them away. Probably need to see what shipping costs. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, calcoupe said:

I have 8 - 600x16 Coker Classics with some tread left. 

These are giveaways. Pick them up or pay shipping from New Jersey, 07830 

Calccoupe

 

Sorry to be so long getting back. I've found the tires I need but thanks for the offer!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 8:40 AM, calcoupe said:

I think I can ship. Don't know about the details with the restrictions because of Carona20. 

These are Coker Classics, whitewall with Ford Insignia molded in sidewall. They are probably 25% left on tread depth.

I will give them away. Probably need to see what shipping costs. 

 

 

 

 

Ah, I did indicate to you that I wanted two of these tires for a friend in VT.  I just sent a private message.  Give me a shout when you determine shipping costs.  My guess based on my shipping four wheels last week that you are in the $80 to $100 range for 2 tires

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll end up with more than you can ever use I'm sure, but I have a good set of 6.50x16 wide white wall tires.  I think they are Universal tires.  They are over in my other garage.  You pay the shipping and you can have them for $25, or maybe free. Shipping from Sebring, FL will be bad enough, but I ought to get something I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
These tires came off of my 1939 Buick.  If I said I had 5, I think that is incorrect.  I have 4.  What would you be willing to pay?  I think they should be worth $40 each, or $160.00.  What do you think?  I don't think I have any tubes, but I'd have to go over to my daughter's garage and look to be sure.
 
Best, Earl Beauchamp
cleardot.gif
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 2:08 AM, Classic Mike said:

I am looking for some 6.50x16 tires also.  If you still have them.  I will check on shipping to Mobile Al

 

Classic Mike,

I have not looked at this for awhile. Do you still want some 600x16 white walls? I still have 8 and I'm going to dispose of them soon. 

If you want them and can decide on shipping method from Zip 07830, I'll hold off longer. 

Jim L/Calcoupe

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Classic Mike

Got your message about the 600x16 whitewalls. I have 8 of them. You can have all of them. You will have to arrange shipping. 

I tried calling you but couldn't get a connection. 

Maybe you can call me and we can figure it out. 908-884-6665 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

I also have a pair of 6:50 X16 Firestone wide whites with tread and good tubes, $50.00 for the pair. you haul them off.

I bought 4 new ones when I should have bought only two.  Garage kept, limited mileage was on Glidden type Tours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...