1964 Buick Riviera light switch

Sweet64rivi

Where can I purchase a light switch for my 1964 Riviera?  Second question I have is how do you replace the switch?  The courtesy lights stay on after turning the knob and takes may attempts to get them to switch off.  Plus the gauge lights do not illuminate anymore. 

Check with Gene Guarnere for a switch. You'll find his contact info in the Classifieds in your latest Riview. ABANDG. 

The switch comes out from the back of the instrument panel.  On the body of the switch, there's a button. Depress that button and pull the knob and shaft out of the switch.  The round bezel holds the switch to the instrument panel. There are a couple of slots in the bezel. Using those slots, unscrew the bezel and the switch will come out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Check with Gene Guarnere for a switch. You'll find his contact info in the Classifieds in your latest Riview. ABANDG. 

The switch comes out from the back of the instrument panel.  On the body of the switch, there's a button. Depress that button and pull the knob and shaft out of the switch.  The round bezel holds the switch to the instrument panel. There are a couple of slots in the bezel. Using those slots, unscrew the bezel and the switch will come out.

How do you get to the back of the instrument panel?  I never took mine apart and have no idea where to start.