Fuel Fill Pipe Mounting Brackets

SJF1948

Hi guys, I am getting around to installing a new fuel tank in my '53 Super. The Tank, Inc. unit with filler pipe, was included when I bought the car. Problem is the pipe support sheet metal was not included, and I'm assuming there is support sheet metal required. Basically what I have is an open area between the fuel door and the tank. The body manual does show a "box" but no info and very little detail. The fender baffle behind the tire is present, and there is plenty of road mud and stuff coating the area. Can anyone provide photos of what I may be missing and possibly a source of these missing parts. Also, would this tank require a separate vent or will a modern pressure/vacuum gas cap do the trick? Thanks, 

The only difference with my set-up is a 2 1/8" rubber (neoprene) sleeve that will connect the fill pipe to the tank nozzle. At that point, I'll have to see if the fill pipe needs any bracing. Thanks for the photo, nice to see how the pipe is made into the tank.

I also have the TANKS INC unit where the fill tube attaches to the tank via rubber sleeve. The fill tube used to slop around without any bracing. I bought a tri-five chev filler tube bracket and adapted that to hold the filler still. Being tri-five chev all parts are easily available.

• Like 1